March 2019 Rememberances

The electronic group The Prodigy lead singer Keith Flint ("Firestarter" & "Smack My B---h Up" both in 1997 from the CD "The Fat Of The Land") has died at 49 years old. Former MTV News anchor Kurt Loder did like the song "Smack My B---h Up". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Flint Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Mike Grose, former guitarist of Queen (pre Freddie Mercury 1970 - 1971) has died. Not sure what age though. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Legendary Drummer Hal Blaine is reported to have passed away today (Mon. 3-11-19) at age 90. His session credits are numerous, including Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass ("A Taste of Honey"). In a Facebook post, the family said arrangements and details are being kept private for now.

JB

Last edited:
I'll be spinning Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass' "Mexican Drummer Man" with Hal Blaine all over it!

Another great loss... three months almost to the day after we lost bassist Joe Osborn. Hal was funny, incredibly kind and truly one of the best drummers of the 20th century. Lord bless him...

IMG_8193.jpg

On this date on March 19, 1982 37 years ago, guitarist Randy Rhodes (Ozzy Osborune) was killed in a plane crash. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Back
Top Bottom