Mas Que Nada Cover (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_66_Fan

Here's an interesting version of Mas Que Nada, by Nancy Ames from her 'Spiced With Brasil' album (with Laurindo Almeida), which was reissued on a CD in 2003. It's curiously titled 'Pow Pow Pow' in her album, with English lyrics, and ends abruptly with the exclamation, 'Mas Que Nada!"....

Bought this LP just for this song decades ago.....

If I recall correctly, she was a featured singer on a TV comedy (satire of news) show called "That Was the Week That Was" in the 60's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ZswRTLGPw

I also have this fine album. Nancy Ames was a great singer in the 1960s, but alas like so many other great middle of the road singers from that period, by the 1970s she was submerged by rock's overwelming tide. I have a 45 record of her super version of that jazz standard "On Green Dolphin Street." It has an incredible up-tempo arrangement by the brilliant Ernie Freeman. He's the arranger of Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night" and Simon & Garfunkul's "Bridge Over Troubled Water," and got Grammys for both arrangements.

How well I remember That Was The Week That Was, which was on NBC TV for only a half season during the spring of 1964. It had great political satire and was David Frost's first venture into world of American TV. And how well I remember Nancy Ames who opened the show singing its theme song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom