May 2019 Rememberances

It was Bill Buckner who made the error in the bottom of the 10th inning when the game was tied & the New York Mets won Game 6 of the World Series in October of 1986!! The Mets won Game 7 & the championship. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Canadian musician & producer Ralph Murphy has died at 75 years old. Ralph worked for the Canadian group April Wine on their second album "On Record" (1972) which had the remake of the Hot Chocolate song "You Could Have Been A Lady" (Much Productions) that was a Top 40 hit that went to # 32 (Billboard Hot 100) in May of 1972 on Big Tree Records in U.S. & Aquarius Records in Canada. Ralph Murphy (musician) - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

He was a fun and unique singer. I loved his Christmas Album and The Mister Belvedere theme song too. He will be missed.

Wow, I thought he was that old when he used to appear on Midnight Special (either that or SNL) back in the '70s. I never could understand why anyone would buy a record, but it was fun watching him on TV.

The duet with Zooey DesChanel "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (from the 2003 movie "Elf" with Will Ferrell) is a great remake!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Jim Brady, a founding member of the Sandpipers, passed away on May 5, 2019 in Durango, Colorodo, according to wiki. After a single as 'The Grads' the group changed its name and recorded 7 albums on A&M and had two hit singles, "Guantanamera" (1966) and "Come Saturday Morning" (1970).

JB

Back
Top Bottom