Melissa Manchester Arista anthology

The omission of the Bell singles is silly. Arista Records WAS Bell Records. That was just a name change when Clive Davis took over the label and cleaned house, dropping everyone except Melissa, Barry Manilow and the Bay City Rollers. It could still be "The Complete Arista Singles" and have the Bell ones tacked on at the beginning. I'm sure they will be discussed in the liner notes.

Clearly, it's starting from her first "hit" which was Midnight Blue, and was on Arista. I liked that album and the one after it, and the single "You Should Hear How She Talks About You" was a killer tune, but beyond that she never floated my boat all that much. Great voice though.

The omission of the Bell singles is silly. Arista Records WAS Bell Records.
From the description on the Real Gone Music website:

"The 2-CD Set Through the Eyes of Love—The Complete Arista 7” Singles Includes 43 Songs for a Total of 157 Minutes"

Adding the Bell singles would have necessitated adding a third disc. This would have increased the production cost, and the selling price. Maybe they thought it wouldn't sell enough at a higher price? Personally, I would be happier if the Bell singles were included, but I'll probably still buy it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom