Melrose Elementary School Band - Herb in disguise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgarvin

I have an early A&M 45 (A&M 738) by the Melrose Elementary School Band (featurning Randy Curtis), that the seller I bought it from said was "probably Herb Alpert." It sounds like a novelty record with someone playing the trumpet horribly but in a few parts there was perfect Herb Alpert style playing. Does anyone know anything about this record? Is it really Herb pretending to be a beginner on the trumpet? Or is Randy Curtis a different trumpet player? The A-side is called "Little Blue River" with Scott Turner as the writer. The B-side is "The Pupil" and the writer was, you guessed it, Herb. The B-side is the more Alpert-like. Besides this artist (possibly), the Diddly Ohs, Dore Alpert, Herbie Alpert, and Herb B. Lou, what other pseudonyms has Herb recorded under?

Another item I have seen in the FROM BRASS TO GOLD A&M Records Collectors Guide, but nowhere else...

Perhaps it coincides with the Miss Adams & (Mill Valley) Strawberry Point Fourth Grade single ("Wonder", B/W "Floating") and what could'a been an entire ALBUM for A&M, as opposed to Reprise, I think, which got it, instead...

Dave

These posts bring something to my mind: who did the background singing on COLINDA from Lucille Starr's THE FRENCH SONG ?

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom