🎄 Holidays! Merry Christmas Darling - The Bruce Forsyth Show, 1978 - Live [HQ]

Which recording of "Merry Christmas Darling" do you prefer?

Votes: 9 45.0%

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She also changed the line to "Happy Christmas" from "Merry Christmas" which always bothers me slightly. But it doesn't detract from how awesome this clip is. Shame then, that some people I have shown it to don't take a moment to just listen to the beautiful vocal and marvel at her talent, they go "wow she looks bad there".

This video above has Karen's signature written all over it...in fact this is not the first time she has ever used the phrase "Happy Christmas" she also said this on a radio program in Los Angeles, CA. I really like the phrase because for some Christmas is a very sad time of year so this is Karen's way of saying have a Happy Christmas sorta lifts your spirits. :love:

I made a clip of it here to show you, it's a Carpenters Christmas Greeting not sure from what radio program this came from....I'm not sure if this will link here or not..let's try...

http://vid34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/Nowhereman06/Richard Karen Carpenter Christmas Greeting.mp4

My sister lived in Britain for a decade.
She said the phrase 'Happy Christmas' is quite common overseas.
(As I had also wondered about this time where Karen said "Happy Christmas" to Bruce.)

I think I've lost count how many times I have watched this already...seems every time I visit here I end up watching it again...I love the last second when the mic falls through her fingers and she laughs. I wonder how many times this has been viewed here and around the world.
Love it!!

Just amazed at Karen's breathing control during this live performance. Also when Karen sings 'I've just one wish on this Christmas Eve', the part that I adore is when Karen hits that note when signing the word 'on', she turns away from the camera and delivers a subtle force in her voice for just a moment, that really is a nice touch.

Do you notice how Karen disguises her breath at the end when she says "I wish I were with you" at the start she turns her head slightly on I wish and you see her talk that short deep breath that allows her to complete the ending in one breath but it's easy to miss she disguises it very well. Her breathing techniques were amazing.

Yes I just watched it again...I'm hopelessly addicted to watching her sing this especially now at Christmas...

This video has made Christmas 2015 so special, never thought that any of us would ever see this in crystal clear video with a sound track that sounds as if it was recorded in a recording studio, priceless moment of Carpenters history, wonderful!

Ive probably heard Merry Christmas, Darling over a hundred times since Nov and I NEVER tire of it. Will continue to play it the next several weeks, along with all of Christmas Portrait. Detroit radio stations play the 1970 version of MCD, I love both versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom