Mexican-Teaberry-Oscar Mayer Shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
The new Oscar Mayer Deli Creations TV commercial uses the Mexican Shuffle as its theme. The spot opens on an office full of workers in their cubicles, clearly not happy with what they brought for lunch. Two Oscar Mayer geeks in red polo shirts and khakis, one with a microwave strapped to his back, are there to the rescue. The music starts and they begin making the Deli Creations hot sandwiches and serving them up. The workers are bobbing their heads and eating in time to the always catchy Sol Lake tune. Do we have a deja vu moment here? Maybe there should be a single release from the South Of The Border album or at least a promo to radio stations?

Added note: I wasn't clear that it was new music, not by the TJB playing on this spot.

I saw thiis commercial last night, also...was disappointed that it wasn't the TJB playing it, but still was happy to hear the tune. it still holds up well, I think.

Now, will Mazda reincarnate it's "Great Little Car" themed commercial with SPANISH FLEA ?

Dan

It was a nice surprise to hear "The Mexican Shuffle" reprised on that ad. It would have been even better to have heard the harmony of the second trumpet part in there. Clearly not the original arrangement, but still a tribute to that music's timelessness! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom