Missing Sandpipers tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmpalm

Hello!

This is my first post to this forum, so I hope you will be patient with me and I'm also hoping that I'm not violating any rules.

I recently discovered The Sandpipers and am trying to collect all their A&M releases. I've compiled a somewhat primitive yet fairly comprehensive discography, which I plan to publish on my website in the near future. I will be sure to let everybody here know. Perhaps somebody else has already compiled such a discography, but I have been unable to find anything on the Internet.

I do own the first two albums (as reissued by Collector's Choice), Come Saturday Morning and A Gift Of Song (both reissues by Universal Japan).

However, I missed out on the Best Of CD issued in Japan, which seems to be out of print. If I've got my cross-referencing right, I am now missing the following tracks in digital format:

Quando Sali de Cuba
Quando M'Innamoro
Let Go
Kumbaya
Misty Roses

Is there anybody out there who has any hints? I've searched GEMM, etc. for the CD but so far no luck.

Any advice or help will be most appreciated.

Best regards

Carl Magnus Palm
Stockholm, Sweden

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on discovering the Sandpipers. They are a great group.

Unfortunately the forum does not allow you to solicit tracks, but keep watching Gemm or eBay and that disk is sure to pop up eventually. You might also check Amazon.com and dustygroove.com.

Good luck with your discography and by all means, please post info on it here when appropriate.

Hi Carl,

Those tracks you listed are indeed on the A&M DIGITALLY REMASTERED BEST disc, which was released back in 1998.

Looking around, I found a compilation disc called POP BOSSA on CDJapan. It looks like "Misty Roses" is included on that one - but the track list doesn't give the artist, so I can't be 100% sure that the "Misty Roses" track is indeed by The Sandpipers - but it's likely:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UICY-4093

Also, I guess it would depend on how much you'd be willing to spend for just one track. I'd do as Mike suggested and keep an eye on Gemm and eBay. Meanwhile, also keep an eye on two labels that are currently releasing A&M product:

Revola Records in the UK

and

Hip-O Select in the US.

Both have put out some rather surprising old A&M titles.

Harry
...who still fondly remembers his visit to Stockholm last year, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom