Missing tracks RPO album

Martin Medrano

Hello everyone does anyone know if there are any tracks that richard recorded with the royal philharmonic orchestra that did not make into the album. Also what songs do you wish would be there and what arrangement do you imagine them to have.

I'd be surprised if there were any. That wasn't cheap to do so any songs Richard decided not to cut likely hit the "cutting room floor" during the song selection process. I'm sure once he decided to arrange and record them, the track list was set in stone.

Ed

He had All You Get From Love Is A Love Song charted, (it was heavily being considered for Volume 1) but set aside before recording started for a future Volume 2. Really the only “extra” song recorded was “Please Mr. Postman” for the Target and Japanese CD’s.

"Those Good Old Dreams" was recorded for the RPO album, but not included. As for "A Song For You"—it was considered, but never actually recorded. :)
Omg I really hope to be able to hear "Those Good Old Dreams" one day. It's one of my favourites. Maybe it will be included in a future reissue of the album. 🤞

Being one of my favorite Carpenters' songs,
I would love to hear the RPO recording of Those Good Old Dreams.

From a marketing standpoint and to increase sales, they should have included Those Good Old Dreams as a bonus track on CD from say Japan or the UK. While Target gets Please Mr Postman. We the fans would have bought yet another copy in that country just to get “Those Dreams” :agree:

I’m aghast that ASFY was only considered. Both mixes of it already are amazing but this is a jewel of a recording and deserves the very best treatment.

I’m aghast that ASFY was only considered. Both mixes of it already are amazing but this is a jewel of a recording and deserves the very best treatment.
It’s a rather definitive, yet sparse arrangement at its core. I can’t imagine what more you’d add to it without running the risk of altering its (already) mesmerizing quality.

You know what you’ve just done right? You’ve made us all crazy knowing this recording is out there and we can’t hear it. I guess we can hope….
Well at least the days of writing to Richard are over and he’s not on the internet so he can’t be bothered with our pestering him to release it :laugh:

I wonder how many letters he really got about the need to release Karen’s solo album :hide: 100’s…1000’s?

It’s a rather definitive, yet sparse arrangement at its core. I can’t imagine what more you’d add to it without running the risk of altering its (already) mesmerizing quality.
This is perfectly stated - musically speaking, there is nothing that could possibly be added (or subtracted) to improve this recording...

On the other hand ROAD ODE - which is a way underrated song with an outstanding arrangement and a solid feel of "road weariness" - should be seriously considered for inclusion, and could be improved greatly with a much more extended flute solo in the mid section and a repeat of the stunning massed-voice chorus at the end...

This is perfectly stated - musically speaking, there is nothing that could possibly be added (or subtracted) to improve this recording...

On the other hand ROAD ODE - which is a way underrated song with an outstanding arrangement and a solid feel of "road weariness" - should be seriously considered for inclusion, and could be improved greatly with a much more extended flute solo in the mid section and a repeat of the stunning massed-voice chorus at the end...
@JohnFB I completely agree with you, even if all he did was give the song the full RPO.

“Road Ode” has always been one of my favorites from the album, and dynamically speaking completely fits the bill here.

@JohnFB and @Chris May you guys have a great point about road ode which is also one of my favorites. i have never listened to the remix that richard made. do you guys think that its an improvement over the original mix. I'll try looking for it to listen to it.

@JohnFB and @Chris May you guys have a great point about road ode which is also one of my favorites. i have never listened to the remix that richard made. do you guys think that its an improvement over the original mix. I'll try looking for it to listen to it.
The remix is usually my go-to, unless my audiophile purism kicks in. In which case I’ll refer to the original.

The remix is usually my go-to, unless my audiophile purism kicks in. In which case I’ll refer to the original.
I found the remix i like it. I would say i like the clarity of the remix a bit more but prefer the background vocals of the original. Did richard add reverb to the remix? If so why?

Back
Top Bottom