ML Carpenters Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about the content (and no disrespect meant to that page's author), but it certainly is painful on the eyes. Somehow (like on the Richard tribute page), yellow text on a yellow background doesn't do much for me. Thank goodness I can use Proxomitron to filter out the backgrounds and make it readable.

Then again, I could browse with Lynx and get rid of ALL the graphics...

-= N =-

so the sound of Karen saying, "Merry Christmas, Darling," in rapid succession while snowflakes mesmerize your eyes doesn't appeal to you???????

I played this clip backwards...it said, "Karen still lives." :wink:

On a serious note, if the person wishes to list the Carpenter's Christmas albums, then why not the remixed combo Christmas Collection?

SwimAMile said:
so the sound of Karen saying, "Merry Christmas, Darling," in rapid succession while snowflakes mesmerize your eyes doesn't appeal to you???????

:laugh: I must have missed that one! That program I use, Proxomitron, filters out any automatic sounds (MIDI, WAV or MP3) if I turn those filters on, which I have. (I use it mainly to kill popups and other nasty JavaScript, along with killing banner and "Flash" ads, but it can also cure ugly wallpaper, bad font colors, etc., for which I've written some custom filters for. :) )

No thanks, though. I'll wait until Christmas, hope it snows here, stoke some logs in the fireplace (natural here, no gas), make some hot chocolate, and put on my original Christmas Portrait LP. Just like I used to do in the old days. :) I don't know what it is, but while I have CD copies of a lot of my Christmas favorites, there's still something special about playing the vinyl. Maybe I'm getting nostalgic... :wink:

-= N =-

I agree that there's something quite comforting about that Christmas Portrait album...in fact, last year I remixed all my Christmas albums onto MiniDiscs...and guess what I listend to mostly??? LOL...but I still like Santa and I love listening to the original Merry Christmas then the remix...Karen's voice had matured nicely...

However, my ears were born for digital and I simply cannot abide the cracks and pops of LP's...

But I love the picture your created...

SwimAMile said:
However, my ears were born for digital and I simply cannot abide the cracks and pops of LP's...

Fortunately most of my vinyl is just about free of all the noise, and since a lot of what I listen to will never make it to CD, I'm used to an occasional 'tick' every now and then. It's funny, though--back in the early 80's, I was very anxious to get clean LP playback, and really looked forward to CDs. All these years later, I find the LPs not as bothersome to me as they used to be. Maybe it's that nostalgia thing again. :wink:

I have yet to record anything on the 8-Track deck yet, but I do still put some music on reel-to-reel tape, just because I enjoy working with it. And I still like working with my MiniDisc deck as well.

Maybe it's not nostalgia--maybe I'm one of those incurable gearheads... :laugh:

-= N =-

ML's Carpenters Corner was the first Carpenters website I discovered when I was introduced to the internet in May 2001. A&M Corner was the second Carpenters (related) site I found. A&M Corner has remained a favorite. The most recent discovery is THE CARPENTERS ONLINE
http://www.carponline.bravepages.com

That is pretty funny Rudy, carponline does sound like a site dedicated to fishing.
(typing this with a smile on my face)

Welcome to CarpOnline!
Your Great Lakes fishing headquarters!

We have lures, fresh earthworms, and anything a fly-fishing enthusiast could want!

Low, low discount prices!

Begin shopping, and remember our motto: "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; teach him how to fish, and the old lady's happy to get him out of the house for the weekend!!

-= N =-
...who's made a "sinker" out of this topic in a hurry... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom