Most Versions of One Song in Your Music Collection.

rockdoctor

Here is a topic that might be fun.
What songs do you have the most versions by different artists?
It does not have to be A&M only.
Live and Demo versions by the same artist does not count into the total.
I have six for The Look Of Love.
I have five for You've Got A Friend.
I have four each for Will You Love Me Tomorrow, Up On The Roof, and Windmills Of Your Mind.
So dig out your collection and see what you have.

Last edited:
I've got 12 for "The Look Of Love". Next closest seems to be 9 for "Silent Night" and/or "Winter Wonderland"

Outside of Xmas songs, I'm going to have to give this some thought. Some jazz artists cover pop standards and many also covered bossa nova hits, as well as jazz "standards" that many have covered (Miles Davis's "Milestones," etc.).

I can sort by track in Roon Player, so that might get me a rough idea, but that's 54,000+ tracks I have to scroll through. If I could export to a spreadsheet, that would make it easier...

Outside of Xmas songs, I'm going to have to give this some thought. Some jazz artists cover pop standards and many also covered bossa nova hits, as well as jazz "standards" that many have covered (Miles Davis's "Milestones," etc.).

I can sort by track in Roon Player, so that might get me a rough idea, but that's 54,000+ tracks I have to scroll through. If I could export to a spreadsheet, that would make it easier...
I do not have a giant collection so it was fairly easy to come up with what I have.

I have a Huge library myself and I have so many songs in many versions( more than 2 in many cases) original versions as well as covers including instrumentals it would be almost impossible to document here but I can give a few examples The theme from Moonlighting by Al Jarreau plus at least 4 instrumental covers "I'm not in Love by 10cc and 4 different covers like The previous example there are so many but this is just a small example

12 different artists for The Look Of Love! That is quite a collection.
Burt Bacharach
Dusty Springfield
Chris Montez
Claudine Longet
Dionne Warwick
Herb Alpert
Juan Oskar
Julius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band
Liza Minnelli
Pete Jolly
Rumer
Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66

I have a Huge library myself and I have so many songs in many versions( more than 2 in many cases) original versions as well as covers including instrumentals it would be almost impossible to document here but I can give a few examples The theme from Moonlighting by Al Jarreau plus at least 4 instrumental covers "I'm not in Love by 10cc and 4 different covers like The previous example there are so many but this is just a small example

That Moonlighting theme has got to be my favorite television theme ever! Maybe helps a little that I'm a big fan of Jarreau's to begin with (as well as a fan of the show itself, which has sadly become a bit lost to time but is still my favorite thing Bruce Willis ever did), but the song and arrangement both are just so incredibly beautiful. Everyone involved in crafting that theme absolutely nailed it. It's one of those rare TV themes that actually works just as well as a standalone pop single as much as it does as an opening-credits theme for any series.

Burt Bacharach
Dusty Springfield
Chris Montez
Claudine Longet
Dionne Warwick
Herb Alpert
Juan Oskar
Julius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band
Liza Minnelli
Pete Jolly
Rumer
Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
The six that I have are all in this list. Burt, Dionne, Sergio, Dusty, Julius, Claudine. I am on the watch for Pete Jolly and Chris Montez lp's in my travels.

I have Diana Krall's version, which was the title track of one of her albums. Probably my least favorite cut on the record, to be honest...

Back
Top Bottom