Mr. A & Mr. M: The Story Of A&M Records Music Docuseries Coming In December

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfpmike

The storied record label A&M Records will be the subject of a new music docuseries, Mr. A & Mr. M: The Story Of A&M Records, which is set to air on the premium cable network Epix in December.

Helming the two-part docuseries are producers Frank Marshall and Ryan Suffern, who oversaw the 2020 doc Laurel Canyon, which explored the fertile music scene that came of out Los Angeles’ Laurel Canyon. The docuseries will premiere at 10 pm December 5 and conclude December 12, confirms Deadline today.

“With firsthand artist accounts, and rarely-seen footage from the archives, Mr. A & Mr. M: The Story of A&M Records is a definitive history of an iconic institution,” shared Epix president Michael Wright.

“In the same way we approached our Laurel Canyon docuseries for Epix, Mr. A & Mr. M: The Story of A&M Records will be an immersive experience that celebrates the time and place and, above all, the amazing artists and music that Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss cared for and developed at A&M Records, added Marshall.

Added David Blackman, Head of Film and TV Production and Development at UMG, “The breadth of artists that A&M introduced to the world is wide and eclectic — reflective of a label founded by an artist and music lover – and has had a lasting impact on music today.”

Mr. A & Mr. M: The Story of A&M Records is a Kennedy/Marshall Company production in association with Polygram Entertainment, Interscope Films, and Universal Music Publishing Group. Executive producers for Polygram Entertainment are David Blackman, UMe’s Bruce Resnikoff, and Steve Berman.

Wow! I'm surprized Mr. S didn't "tease" this for us a couple of months ago with one of his famous cryptic posts.

Excuse me while I go see if our TV service offers "Epix."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom