🎵 AotW Classics MUSIC BOX (SP 19006)

Well, it is there, as Bobberman is able to get to it. I've had some Mendes things blocked in Germany before.
Sorry Harry someone beat me to this but I too tried clicking on to it and I got the " Video not availible" screen too but I should have said something earlier my apologies but I still applaud you for your efforts I have made my own custom CD s myself over the years and it can be quite fun sadly YouTube seems to be fickle about music posts just my opinion

Oh, OK, so you didn't get that video to load either. Hmmm. Oh well. Good intentions - failure in execution.

I may delete that one and perhaps load it again to see what happens.

OK, let's try again.

Having been reminded of MUSIC BOX in the Claudine thread, I've uploaded my "remaster" of the MUSIC BOX album to YouTube.

This "remaster" takes all of the tracks from CDs acquired over the years, and one needle drop of "Brasilia" to maintain mix authenticity. This will allow you to hear the album without the dreaded CSG processing.

Let me know if this one came through.

It'll probably be fine. I think the last one had some kind of glitch in the YouTube video processing. I remember it took a long time, and sometimes when that happens, things just aren't "right".

This one went through the way they usually do.

Thanks for the report, Murray.

I'm listening to it now and it's coming through my home speakers And it sounds Excellent. Perserverance really does pay off in the end

The CD versions are more likely to be a digital "match" for what YouTube scans for in a copyright search, vs. a record with "flaws" in it. I noticed once when I tried to upload some of the Chris Montez tracks from one of the compilation CDs, all were flagged and removed. (Yet Universal themselves can supply the same tracks to YouTube...??) It's weird. Unless it's a full needle drop of something rare, I don't even bother with uploading after that incident. I'm surprised my Something Festive remained up there.
I wouldn’t say CD’s. When I uploaded my needle drop of the Canadian Promo 45 “Calling Occupants”, Youtube nailed it right away.

There are probably lots of ways they flag songs.... such as, all the song titles might be in their database. Maybe their algorithm spots the title, compares it to the sound waveform and if it's a close enough match, and of course the Carpenters are going to get attention too...result: Flagged.

I noticed once when I tried to upload some of the Chris Montez tracks from one of the compilation CDs, all were flagged and removed. (Yet Universal themselves can supply the same tracks to YouTube...??) It's weird.

Universal owns the rights and if the post it, they get a fraction of a cent each time it plays. If you upload the same track they don't get the money. Generally speaking I find the tracks uploaded by the rights holder are better quality.

Canada is, apparently, the only country in the world to receive a MONO mix of the edited version of “Calling Occupants”.

Yes I remember reading something about that on a record collector's thread someplace else..supposedly the stereo single master A&M sent was CSG encoded and was rejected by the Canadian distributor.

Yes I remember reading something about that on a record collector's thread someplace else..supposedly the stereo single master A&M sent was CSG encoded and was rejected by the Canadian distributor.
The single was issued by “A&M Records of Canada”.

One theory could be that the CRTC had banned the CSG encoding sometime between 1971 and 1977.

Back
Top Bottom