Music Volume 3 - Herb Alpert Reimagines the Tijuana Brass

Rewhipped got a few listens from me, and this one maybe twice, although I've had to reference a few tracks here and there for other purposes. Can't say there's anything that compels me to listen to either of these again. 🤷‍♂️ I've got thousands of other albums I'd rather listen to.

Ok, OK, I'll listen again more closely for some marimba-ish bits.

But I guess we can all agree that assuming it's there, it's certainly not as prominent as on the original albums!

Mr. Bill, I think you and I might be the only people who ever listen to RE-WHIPPED.

I don't listen to the whole thing, but I do tend to crank it up when songs from it pop up in my "shuffle" mode. My favorite song on Re-Whipped is "Bittersweet Samba" with "Whipped Cream" running a close second. As much as I like "Green Peppers," it's too repetitive on the Re-Whipped album.

I'm mixed on remixes. On one hand, they can be well done, clever, etc., yet on the other, I get distracted because I know the original song and usually prefer to hear that. That's the case here for me.

My favorite song on Re-Whipped is "Bittersweet Samba" with "Whipped Cream" running a close second.
Same here... Funny side note... For years I've been referring to the "collaborator" on this track as "Moe-See-An Worker" until a coworker who is a MW fan told me, "Bill, you moron... It's "Mo-Shin Worker," as In "'M' + 'Ocean' + 'Worker'" -- Wow... Did I feel dumb! But in my defense, I pronounce it as it is spelled... Like "Skecher" Shoes (the story of which I've told elsewhere)

--Mr. Bill

I still Listen to "Rewhipped" occasionally whenever I want to hear a Different spin on the songs same story with the "Reimagined" album thankfully with a huge library I usually never listen to the same artists and songs continously all the time my tastes vary from Day to day. That's why I still enjoy everything

Back
Top Bottom