"My Body Keeps Changin' My Mind"...Original or Rem

Which mix of "My Body Keeps Changin' My Mind" do you prefer?

• The ORIGINAL??

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • The 1991 "From The Top" REMIX??

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
The other day, I pulled out the remix of this song located on the "From The Top" box set, and in my opinion, sounds a bit more superior to the original mix. I always thought the original sounded a bit premature, just as far as the EQ'ing and such... Just a few of my thoughts. -Chris

I actually like both equally. The original mix is more premature but it sounds more like something Karen would want to be heard.

:)

I voted the original.

I prefer to hear the song the way Karen intended for it to be released. It touches sorta a nerve of mine that Richard messed with some of her solo songs. I guess I would have felt differently had he released her solo album before From the Top & Lovelines came out but he did it in the reverse order. :confused:

No doubt the remix is more polished & radio friendly (if it could ever be played on radio) but I prefer to hear Karen on this track from the solo album.

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
I voted the original.

I prefer to hear the song the way Karen intended for it to be released. It touches sorta a nerve of mine that Richard messed with some of her solo songs.

I agree 100%! It sure is ironic how Richard told Karen not to do disco - but then HE remixes this song and puts it on a Carpenters album :!: :confused:

Murray
...wondering if RC is really a closet disco lover...

The remix is absolutely superior.In fact,the whole solo album needed to be remixed.the production quality on the originals is very poor.Incidentally,I would hope this song never gets any airplay.The lyrics present Karen in a most unflattering way.

I prefer the ORIGINAL version of MBKCMM for a few reasons. The album is represented the way "Karen WANTED it" according to the producer Phil Ramone.There are some extra vocals and over-dubs that appear while Karen is singing "Dancin and we fly together across the floor, my heart's crying out for more, cuz I just can't resist you". This is NOT on Richard's re-mix for some reason. Plus, if you have surround sound on your stereo, you're able to hear all of the different tracks radiating from each speaker. This better defines the listening experience and implicitly shows the hard work and artistry KAREN exuded solo. I find that the re-mix doesn't possess the same quality as it were. Finally, this was Karen's project and I agree with Chris that Richard truly shouldn't have had the gall to turn these tunes into a CarpenterS "record".

Campaigning for the ORIGINAL,

Jeff

MY BODY KEEPS CHANGING MY MIND is for me the most catchy tune on the solo album. I listened to it over and over again, when FROM THE TOP was released.I prefer the remix. I agree with mr.j, that the whole solo album should be remixed.

But the lyrics don't bother me. It's not a poem by Shakespeare,ok, it's just a disco song about a woman who is attracted to a man and wants to make love with him. What's so bad about this?

Bruno

Wow! Kind of a tough subject.
On the one hand I can see where
remixing Karens solo work to
suit Richards standards without
her input seems unfair. I for
one hope to see some of the
unreleased solo material finding
its way to an album. It would
be nice to have one more complete
album of Carpenters material and
not another compilaton. There are
some songs from the solo work I
feel should be left as they are
and others that could greatly
benefit from Richards studio magic.
TIME will tell.
Jim

Richard has always said that the unreleased tracks were rough. They are but not that rough. He could easily finish them and turn it into a best selling album. :)

I could not agree with you more
Andrew! The only track I can see
Richard having a problem with is
Keep My Love Light Burning. In
the lyric "out makin love in the
rain" I think Richard has issues
with sexually oriented lyrics.
I think Love Makin Love to You
and Somethings Missing are way
to good not to be released.
On my collection of unreleased
tracks Can't Buy Me Love is
included. Can you tell me if this
is included in a compilation or
is it also unreleased?

Thanks Jim

coolvox said:
On my collection of unreleased
tracks Can't Buy Me Love is
included. Can you tell me if this
is included in a compilation or
is it also unreleased?

"Can't Buy Me Love" has never been included in any compilation, but it was released to radio stations as part of the YOUR NAVY PRESENTS radio show in 1970.

In official terms, it remains unreleased, since the radio show has never been made available for commercial sale (except for the brief interview segment and version of "Get Together" on FROM THE TOP/THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION).

The complete YOUR NAVY PRESENTS would be a wonderful item for future release -- an hour-long program with 12 songs (three of which were never released by Karen and Richard in any form) plus quite a bit of interview.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom