My Brasil 66 YouTube Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

lj

For music lovers like myself, YouTube has to be considered the greatest innovation of the Internet Age. It seems like everything eventually gets on YouTube. For example, we have seen the video of the beautiful Lani Hall and Janis Hansen performing "Mas Que Nada" and "Day Tripper". They are even wearing the same mini dresses worn on the album cover of Look Around.

Here are my two wish list videos that I hope get on YouTube. Do you have any by Brasil 66?

(1) I recall seeing the exciting return of Janis Hansen for one last time singing with Lani Hall "The Look of Love" at the 1968 Academy Awards Show. I do not recall if the original group of Matthews, Soares, and Palma also joined her onstage. Does anyone out there remember?

(2) I recall seeing the November 30, 1967 Perry Como Holiday Special with Sergio Mendes & Brasil 66 as guests. They performed their incomparable version of "The Frog". Then Lani and Janis sang with that great paisan--Perry Como--the Italian standard "Oh Marie". Perry sang in Italian and Lani and Janis sang in Portuguese. What a delightful show and wonderful memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom