• Guest, order your copy of the Herb Alpert Is... box set. Click for CD version or Vinyl version. The documentary video can be rented or purchased here.

My Definitive "Desert Island" Herb Alpert Collection

Steven J. Gross

I would have all Herb Alpert & the TJB albums Lonely Bull through Coney Island, no greatest hits or compilations needed, but I would include Definitive Hits, Lost Treasures and the solos Just You and Me and Rise. Tons of other great stuff but that would keep me happy..

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
Are there no limits except it's gotta be all Herb Alpert? If so, I'd take everything he ever recorded, and the recent box set for when I needed some reading material. I would ask for a broadening out to allow things he produced as well as performed.... that way I could include all the Brasil '66 music.

Steven J. Gross

Are there no limits except it's gotta be all Herb Alpert? If so, I'd take everything he ever recorded, and the recent box set for when I needed some reading material. I would ask for a broadening out to allow things he produced as well as performed.... that way I could include all

Steven J. Gross

Just Herb, yes. Maybe the top 20 of that list. On this desert island they'll be more than just Herb, but for this thread your very top..

Top Bottom