My Favorite Things

I remember that video from way back then, now that I see it again.

This is an interesting mix. Just now comparing it audio-wise to both the mono single and the mono album version, this one has a touch more reverb added.

The next year in December of 1969, Herb Alpert did "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire) on The Ed Sullivan Show & his last performance on the CBS show.

He played it on the same show as My Favorite Things.

I also noticed Herb is playing the cornet in the video.
Proof positive he played a variety of trumpets and variations remember he also Played Flugelhorn although we never saw him actually play one but many of his LPS from the 70s onward list it on the musician credits

Kind of odd how the group is just standing there like statues while the choral intro plays. I think I would have lopped that off for the broadcast.

I still can't track down just which record this mix might have appeared on. I supposed it was a new, dedicated mix for the Sullivan show. I really like the enhanced reverb.

Proof positive he played a variety of trumpets and variations remember he also Played Flugelhorn although we never saw him actually play one but many of his LPS from the 70s onward list it on the musician credits
I remember seeing him play Flugelhorn on "Carmine," during the Midnight Special, while Findley played the trumpet and Herb played the piano at the same time, using video magic.

Back
Top Bottom