Need the address of A&M Records Paris office

rmkosht

Hello, I am having trouble locating it, and it doesn't seem to be discoverable on the Internet. If someone can furnish the address of A&M Records Europe I'd be most appreciative. It's for a map project I'm putting together. Many thanks in advance!

Are you looking for the old address from the 70’s and 80’s? Since A&M was acquired by Polygram in 1989 it’s international arms were folded into Polygram and eventually Universal’s international arms.

Did A&M even have a French office or was everything for Europe handled by the UK office?

Yes, the Europe office was set up in the late '70s to handle continental Europe, about the time they went to CBS distribution for Europe. I have the address somewhere in my files but can't get to them right away. All I'm missing is the actual number of the building, on Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 75008 Paris. That is the address I need. Thanks!

A&M's office in Paris was set up in 1977 to oversee the label's activities in continental Europe, as well as being the local office for France. Marcus Bicknell, who had formerly worked with the group Genesis, was its managing director. I know it was located on Ave. Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 75008 Paris but I don't know the number of the address.

My question about the Paris office(s) has now been answered, by no less an authority than Mr. Bicknell. He clarified that the office on 35 Ave. FDR was the first of two offices, and that A&M later moved to another location in Paris around 1980. The information was forwarded to me by fellow A&Mophile Rodney Davis. Many thanks to Marcus Bicknell, and to Rodney.

Thank you for the introduction to this site by Rodney Mark Davis - rmkosht - above. Indeed I was CEO A&M Records Europe for seven years 1976-1983 based in Paris. We looked after continental Europe i.e. not the UK which was headed by Derek Green, our distribution being with CBS Records with centralised manufacture for 16 countries. In that period our royalty income increased from $3m to $45m p.a. with Supertramp, Police and Chris de Burgh multi-platinum sellers.

We were renting at 35 Avenue Franklin D Roosevelt, Paris 8 until we moved in about 1980 to a historic building (Perret brotherrs, c.1920, in concrete) which we owned and renovated 95 Boulevard Murat, Paris 16. See the two images attached. I have some superstar photos which I will post on a new thread, A&M Records Europe in the 70s/80s hey-days. Do get in touch if you like [email protected]

am_records_blvd_murat_front_page.jpg
am_records_blvd_murat_back_page.jpg

Wow, welcome to the boards Marcus. Very exciting times, the record industry was at that time. I worked the retail end from 1976-2004.

Welcome Marcus. Feel free to post things in this thread, or even better start another thread with your memorabilia and photos, probably right here in this "Small Circle Of Friends" forum.

Hi there. I worked in the Paris office at 95 Bld Murat from 1984 to about 1989 before it was folded into Polydor France. I worked with Gerard Woog and Russ Curry and have incredibly fond memories of those days - Sting, Suzanne Vega, Janet Jackson, Brian Adams were among the major acts but I also got to know some of the lesser known artists - Wendy Mahary, members of the band "Graces" and many more. Those were wonderful times.

I am a dual national - French and American and am wondering how I would locate my employment records for that time. If anyone knows how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it. Would they be with Polydor?

Hi there. I worked in the Paris office at 95 Bld Murat from 1984 to about 1989 before it was folded into Polydor France. I worked with Gerard Woog and Russ Curry and have incredibly fond memories of those days - Sting, Suzanne Vega, Janet Jackson, Brian Adams were among the major acts but I also got to know some of the lesser known artists - Wendy Mahary, members of the band "Graces" and many more. Those were wonderful times.

I am a dual national - French and American and am wondering how I would locate my employment records for that time. If anyone knows how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it. Would they be with Polydor?
Hi Claire

Hope you are well, i was speaking with my mom over the weekend about the time she went and lived in Paris for 4 years when she was 18, she also worked for A&M records in Paris. she speaks very fondly about her time working here and also says he used to work with sting ( The Police ). Does anyone remember working with an English Lady called Gaye Spencer, If you do would be good to get in touch :) Stay Safe

Hi Claire

Hope you are well, i was speaking with my mom over the weekend about the time she went and lived in Paris for 4 years when she was 18, she also worked for A&M records in Paris. she speaks very fondly about her time working here and also says he used to work with sting ( The Police ). Does anyone remember working with an English Lady called Gaye Spencer, If you do would be good to get in touch :) Stay Safe
sorry her name would have been Gaye Schenkel

I dont remember Gaye. I worked with Gerard Woog and Russ Curry. I recently saw Laura Lanchon in NYC who used to work with me. I also worked with Sting. My favorites were Suzanne Vega and David Crosby. I also became good friends with Joe Jackson whom I continued to see when I moved back to New York.

Back
Top Bottom