Never Say Never Again

abstract_fan

Never Say Never Again unreleased score - Bond in Retirement (Herb Alpert)

Don't have the soundtrack myself, but anyone know if this is "unreleased"?

Cd Here and vinyl Japan. Says Lani Hall Vocals and end title. Japanese vinyl credits Herb and Lani.Michel Legrand score. Out of print and looks a bit rare.

Last edited:
That musical section of Herb Alpert playing the theme was not included on the soundtrack album. The album has a different "score" instrumental that segues with Lani's standard theme tune. The YouTube uploader took the music from a LaserDisc.

One thing that's always driven me crazy with that movie's soundtrack: no matter which version I've ever watched, there's always a noticeable "wow" in the music, particularly noticeable in Lani's song, it's like an off-center record.

CD soundtrack from Silva Screen is now quite pricey being OOP.

Only the Japanese vinyl lists a Herb Alpert trumpet solo. The cd credits her vocal. It’s unusual, because John Barry did the other Sean Connery- Bond scores.

Last edited:
I saw the movie in the theater in 1983 and the last scene in the movie and closing credits had Herb's trumpet solo and I loved hearing it and I still do its too bad that version. Never got released it segues beautifully with Lani's Main theme. To me that qualifies as a Rarity

Back
Top Bottom