New book about Karen Carpenter in the works

Tony

Karen Tongson, a USC professor, says in this interview that she is penning a book about Karen Carpenter. Titled Why Karen Carpenter Matters, she says: "It's a really short book about Karen Carpenter as a vocalist and as a drummer and her sound, and how that was cultivated in Southern California, in Long Beach in the choir rooms of Cal State Long Beach, playing the Jolly Roger, venues in the greater Downey region."

Great! But just how "short" a book should we be expecting?

I was just thinking that an author of children's books should write a kid-oriented biography of the Carpenters.

Just wondering if anyone knows where the thread is for the new book about Karen Carpenter - not the book mentioned above, but the NEW new book, coming out in the UK shortly. I’ve done a few searches and the only thing I can find is the thread that was closed earlier this week.

Thanks.

Just wondering if anyone knows where the thread is for the new book about Karen Carpenter - not the book mentioned above, but the NEW new book, coming out in the UK shortly. I’ve done a few searches and the only thing I can find is the thread that was closed earlier this week.

Thanks.
It’s in the Carpenters Insider section at the top of the Carpenters Forum. There’s some information about the book there

Thanks.

It’s in the Carpenters Insider section at the top of the Carpenters Forum. There’s some information about the book there

You're proof that the "Carpenters :: Insider" Forum is easy to miss. You have to be a registered member AND logged in to see it at all, but the way it's listed you may not see it. I couldn't find it myself when I first registered. Unfortunately, only a single line entry of the last active thread w/ truncated subject line appears at the top right. It is so small. My suggestion to the forum moderators or webmaster for this site is to allot a little more space to the "Carpenters :: Insider" listing so you can at least see the last 5 active threads with full subject line and make it visible to anyone who visits the forum registered or not.

You're proof that the "Carpenters :: Insider" Forum is easy to miss. You have to be a registered member AND logged in to see it at all, but the way it's listed you may not see it. I couldn't find it myself when I first registered. Unfortunately, only a single line entry of the last active thread w/ truncated subject line appears at the top right. It is so small. My suggestion to the forum moderators or webmaster for this site is to allot a little more space to the "Carpenters :: Insider" listing so you can at least see the last 5 active threads with full subject line and make it visible to anyone who visits the forum registered or not.
Thanks, 1969. Yes, I rarely log in, tbh, although I read most of the posts in the main section. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom