New compilation of 6cd's - reissue of SWEET MEMORY*

Yep. Common knowledge that "Da Doo Ron Ron" is missing.

I just listened to Da Doo Ron Ron from Now and Then to be certain. It would not take much to edit the song to end right before the vocals enter at the end using editing software without re-recording anything. I may do this so I can include it with the others. Only issue remaining is matching the remastering used in the Reader’s Digest version. I prefer the vocal mixing in Now and Then, so I usually listen to that version, but like all the remixes, a good alternative is a good companion and not a replacement. I wish we could have all been present while they were recording, for as much as we have before us today in technology and quality, I am sure quality is still lost in the reproduction. But, we have better to listen from and with more alternatives than most have choices when listening to their favorite group! The Beatles and Beach Boys have more, but nothing beats the SACD we have with the Singles! They sure were magical together!

Question. Would you buy this new set or one on eBay that is listed as mint?? Price similar.
Jonathan

Well I did it. I purchased it for about $101 USD. Gave this set 2 thoughts and just went for it. I'm still on the fence about all the new vinyl releases---but this one I am pretty excited about.
I'm with ya on that my friend but it would be nice to keep my bragging rights to all my friends that I have every release ever offered. It would be fun for even the memory from the first time I tore off the plastic off each and every record when it first came out. they are new records with I'm sure a great sound. I really love the new 6 CD release and having not a/b compared yet, I think it may have a new remastered quality that Sweet Memory didn't have. I'll have to do that comparison so I can post about that. Hope you enjoy yours like I have mine!!

Yep. Common knowledge that "Da Doo Ron Ron" is missing.

I am lost. I have RD. do SWEET MEMORY or BEST SONGS have the oldies sequenced as two songs, as on RD? do either of them have DA DOO RON RON? DA DOO RON RON is my favorite selection from the medley.

Pretty artwork once again on this (simpler this time)!
There was a link to the Another Song remix somewhere and I can't find it.
Would someone mind putting it in here, please? :)
It was on the outro that the re-recorded bass really shone. That was only released on this collection, yes?

May I ask anyone who ordered this set: how long did you wait for the delivery? I've made an order on 11th of January, and the status is still "processed", not even "shipped".

Ordered in late October and received in early November.

After waiting for a month (11th Jan through 9th Feb), CDJapan informed me that they are out of stock of these items. Quick search revealed another shop in Japan which had 5 of them in stock. For anyone interested, here's a direct link:
Carpenters Best Songs - 6 CD+Book

The price is a few dollars higher. I didn't want to recommend earlier, cause I was unsure about the reliability of this shop. It turned out to be OK, the only problem is they do not deliver to my country, so the discs are currently at my friend's house in UK. Can't wait.

i ordered mine in January from a merchant on ebay. as they indicated in their ad, it took about five weeks for the new, sealed collection to arrive from japan. product and shipping costs were comparable to cdjapan.

After waiting for a month (11th Jan through 9th Feb), CDJapan informed me that they are out of stock of these items. Quick search revealed another shop in Japan which had 5 of them in stock. For anyone interested, here's a direct link:
Carpenters Best Songs - 6 CD+Book

The price is a few dollars higher. I didn't want to recommend earlier, cause I was unsure about the reliability of this shop. It turned out to be OK, the only problem is they do not deliver to my country, so the discs are currently at my friend's house in UK. Can't wait.

Just checking....has anyone else ordered from this company??

JOnathan

Just checking....has anyone else ordered from this company??

JOnathan

I ordered in March and still not received. Not been charged. I emailed and the reply said their warehouse was outside of Tokyo and it could take a while. Hmmm

So, interesting. I had ordered from DiscJapan in early March. I emailed them a few times and received a couple of responses stating that it would take a while as they would be shipping from outside of Tokyo and if it took too long, I could cancel and that would be fine. I ended up cancelling the order, as I mentioned above.

I just purchased on eBay and the company (person) that sold it to me from Japan, is the company I had originally ordered it from..... hmmmmm......
JOnathan

I just purchased on eBay and the company (person) that sold it to me from Japan, is the company I had originally ordered it from..... hmmmmm......
JOnathan

That must be frustrating, not least because you’ve paid for the same item again but this time with the eBay mark up on top as well... :doh:

This is one of the reasons YouTube has become popular. If record companies would abolish territorial releases and list them as downloadable online with purchase maybe it would help derail popularity of sites that don’t hold copyright rules to heart and sites that sell what they claim over what they actually hold, and as in this case where money is paid but product receipt is in question. Even amazon downloads and iTunes are only available territorially. Customers desire to pay in the right legal fashion for the desired product and even in today’s era, it is difficult not to feel swindled with imitation products, or at worst, unknowingly purchase an imitation product with diminished quality disguised as a respected source that is seen spread around the internet as original.

Back
Top Bottom