• Don't forget to let us know which streaming services you use regularly. Vote in our poll here.
  • The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

New cover version of Merry Christmas darling.

New Horizons.

Not sure whether there is a post for cover versions but a friend just showed me that Emeli Sande and Timi Dakolo have recorded a duet version of Merry Christmas Darling for Timi's new Christmas album .It is also the title track of the new album.
There is a video on youtube but can't seem to get it to attach.
Never heard it as a duet before.

Geographer

I sort of prefer these covers when the artists do it in their own "style" rather than trying to reproduce the original Carpenters version. I heard on the radio, the other night, Mary Christmas Darling done by someone named Christine (or Chirstina?) Perri? Never heard of her, so I might not have her name right...anyway, the arrangement was an exact copy of the C's original down to the sax solo and background vocals. I liked, it, don't get me wrong, but I prefer these more "unique" arrangements where it takes the song to places one never knew where it could go. It's the mark of a truly great song...which this is.

Proudofyou

I hate any and all covers of anything that they did. This is the Carpenter's song and no one else's!!!!!! It's sacrilegious to have anyone else sing this tune. Lol.

Song4uman

There is another cover version out..,with a tribute album coming in the spring. Katie Peslis, who is Sandi Patty’s daughter in law and is friends with Randy Schmidt. @close2u
She did a nice job!!
Jonathan

Top Bottom