New Deal Tour?

alpertfan

Did Julius Wechter go on tour to promote New Deal? If so, how large of a tour was it, and was it well publicized? Who, if any, was/were the opening act?

Yes, He (they) did. I believe they stayed primarily west coast and small jazz venues. Steve Sidoruk can confirm. I was fortunate enough to catch them at a small club in Santa Monica called "At My Place." Julius introduced some members of the BMB who were out in the audience. Incidentally, I was in line right behind Julius's sons, one of whom was producing "Totally Hidden Video" for Fox at the time.... I wanted to chat with him, but didn't have the nerve -- As a fellow USC film student, I am a huge fan of his student short film "Gravity" which featured members of the 70's era TJB and was scored, naturally, by his dad. You can see it on You Tube and it is funny. Keep in mind there are two versions, a PG version and an R version!

--Mr Bill

Thanks. Having grown up in the '80s and '90s, I remember Totally Hidden Video, but had no idea that the Wechter family had anything to do with it.

No opening act that I saw. Sue Rainey came up to sing in middle of show. I was At My Place in Santa Monica - don't know if there were other venues.

No BMB tunes.
It wouldn't have been a "New Deal" if they Included BMB tunes this was meant to be A Complete Departure from it and Its A Great Jazz CD I have the original 1990 CD and I got mine sealed in 2006 and its still in pristine shape and A joy to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom