New Documentary Coming...

This is exciting. I have seen Carnie Wilson on the talk show The Talk over the last several years. Maybe they will have her back on and she can name drop the documentary?!
Kristin Chenoweth is in there too it looks like 👍 she is another popular name who can potentially help the documentary get some recognition. I have been a fan of her work... she is a classical Opera singer, a Broadway star and an actress.

AMS Pictures Original Programming - A Creative Media Company
PICTURES THAT
MOVE YOU

For over 30 years, AMS Pictures has been a leader in the production community with a focus on quality, effectiveness and strong design. When we developed our Original Programming division a few years back, we knew that each project we pursued had to be special. From inspiring documentaries to character-driven reality shows, each AMS Pictures project is a one-of-a-kind original.

EPISODIC SERIES
AMS Pictures has solid experience in episodic non-fiction entertainment. We’re always on the lookout for great characters, the personalities that can connect, entertain, and inspire a show. With deep roots in the Texas marketplace, we like to think that every project we work on has that unique Texas flair you don’t find in other places. Most of all, we’re committed to producing entertaining shows that allow our network clients to deliver on the brand promise.
DOCUMENTARIES
In addition to episodic television, AMS Pictures has a special fondness for hard-hitting documentaries and historical non-fiction. Our body of work consists of over 40 hours of award-winning projects on a variety of subjects.

You had me until Kristen Chenoweth was mentioned. I'm sure she was a fan and inspired by The Carpenters, but she's not my cuppa. Anyway, this looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!!

I'm excited to hear this. I appreciate any effort to bring Karen greater recognition. I know she has millions of adoring fans all over the world, but somehow I still feel Karen hasn't gotten the recognition she deserves. I'm not sure these feelings are justified, and I don't know what level of recognition would satisfy me, but I just can't shake this feeling.

I’ve always loved the photos from this session. They capture her at a stage in her life she was not yet a star but that magical talent was already there, just waiting to be unleashed. This was a time of unspoilt innocence before her demons consumed her. If only we could “freeze” her in time and protect her state of mind and health as they were then, things could have turned out so differently.

I’ve always loved the photos from this session. They capture her at a stage in her life she was not yet a star but that magical talent was already there, just waiting to be unleashed. This was a time of unspoilt innocence before her demons consumed her. If only we could “freeze” her in time and protect her state of mind and health as they were then, things could have turned out so differently.
Is there a member of this page that hasn't fantasized about having a time machine and going back to save Karen? (Rhetorical question.)

No offense, but I hope she just talks about the hairstyles and clothing and how it related or didn't relate to the music and marketing. She always comes off very bitter and resentful of the personal stuff which was ages ago and obviously everyone has moved on.

The only interview I have ever seen with Maria Galeazzi was the E True Hollywood Story (1997-ish).
Knowing that these types of productions are "edited" for time and content, it is unfair to characterize of Maria:
"she always comes off very bitter and resentful," because, let's face it, the producers of the E True Hollywood Story
could have edited any number of things out-of-her entire conversation.
Reading what she has to say in Little Girl Blue (probably edited) Maria comes off as being honest and forthright.
Reading what she has to say in The Untold Story (probably edited), Maria comes off as being honest and forthright.
Richard Carpenter (Coleman, page 115): " I did not intend it (their affair) to happen, but it did. And it certainly wasn't fair to Karen or Maria either."
The Schmidt and Coleman biographies are similar with respect to Maria.

The only interview I have ever seen with Maria Galeazzi was the E True Hollywood Story (1997-ish).
Knowing that these types of productions are "edited" for time and content, it is unfair to characterize of Maria:
"she always comes off very bitter and resentful," because, let's face it, the producers of the E True Hollywood Story
could have edited any number of things out-of-her entire conversation.
Reading what she has to say in Little Girl Blue (probably edited) Maria comes off as being honest and forthright.
Reading what she has to say in The Untold Story (probably edited), Maria comes off as being honest and forthright.
Richard Carpenter (Coleman, page 115): " I did not intend it (their affair) to happen, but it did. And it certainly wasn't fair to Karen or Maria either."
The Schmidt and Coleman biographies are similar with respect to Maria.

Maria was interviewed for the 1996 UK Yesterday Once More documentary as well. She was certainly direct in terms of what she had to say, but clearly she felt she had reason to be (and given what details have emerged subsequently, she may have been justified in that).

Back
Top Bottom