New Garbage Album

Steven J. Gross

The latest Garbage album, "No Gods No Masters" is probably the best thing since their first on ALMO SOUNDS. Best songs are "The Creeps" and "No Gods No Masters". They are still fresh, I don't know how. The title cut is the best rock performance by far this year, they need to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

My deluxe box set, with the bonus disc of cover tunes, duets & acoustic, arrived Monday. I haven't given it a spin yet but have heard a few tracks on Youtube. Glad they're still at the top of their game.

JB

When they signed with ALMO SOUNDS, they insisted that Jerry Moss was the only person they would deal with, so if the label changed ownership they were probably gone. And they weren't kidding..

My deluxe box set, with the bonus disc of cover tunes, duets & acoustic, arrived Monday. I haven't given it a spin yet but have heard a few tracks on Youtube. Glad they're still at the top of their game.

JB
Awesome. I might do vinyl as a rare occurrence for me..

Back in July 2016 Garbage made a tour stop near home to support their previous release. Hard to believe it's been that long between albums. I have all the studio releases on CD plus STRANGE LITTLE BIRDS & BEAUTIFUL GARBAGE on double LP. The latter contains my favorite of their songs, "Breaking Up the Girl." Their Bond film theme 'The World is not Enough' is also quite good. Lucky fans who hung out after the show got to meet everyone.

JB

Attachments

• MANSON-Shirley.jpg
    MANSON-Shirley.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 3
I regret not getting the first album on vinyl when I saw it in the 90s. I believe it was released on the Mushroom label overseas, but I saw the Almo Sounds version at Tower. It was reissued a few years ago for one of their anniversaries but it, too, is now hard to get ahold of at an affordable price.

Version 2.0 has grown on me over the past several years. Partly because one of the tracks was available on Rock Band.

Back
Top Bottom