New HERB Album Due Sept 2021

I think a purchase via Qobuz may include the liner notes and art in a PDF file when downloading. But, that also depends on whether or not the label or distributor provides it to them.

I like this song! Has a very reggae-ish, Caribbean vibe to it. Hard to believe that this man is an octogenarian and still making great creative, innovative music such as this! And also playing like a man in his 30s-40s, instead of in his 80s! I tell my friends about how old Herb is and play them his music and nearly all of them say the same thing: God Bless him! I also echo the same thing: God Bless him, and I feel that He has blessed Herb. God Bless you Herb, we(your fans) love ya!

Peace out,
Jazzdre

I could have sworn I pre-ordered this album. But, here it is past release day and it's not here, so I guess I didn't. Just ordered via Amazon and it says delivery date is ... 9/28, a week from today.

What ever happened to that two-day shipping they were so famous for? I guess things are tough all over, even for the largest company in the solar system or whatever they are.

It seems to be item dependant these days. My album was delayed one day and I pre-ordered when first announced. Some items take weeks, and yesterday, I ordered those clear LP sleeves and they arrived same day.

While I regard Alpert as my favorite musician alive, that's because of records he made decades ago. Outside of the Lost Treasures album, I haven't really liked any of his songs since 1987...

...until now. "Billy Cha" sounds reminiscent of his post-Rise years that ended with the Keep Your Eye on Me album. So I just bought that download.

Of course, I don't believe that my $1.29 will make a difference in the grand scheme of things. But maybe buying that song will do my little part, voting for the kind of music I'd like to hear.

It seems to be item dependant these days. My album was delayed one day and I pre-ordered when first announced. Some items take weeks, and yesterday, I ordered those clear LP sleeves and they arrived same day.
I notice that same trend as of late my copy is one day late it was supposed to be here today but the delivery service seems to be slacking off like gimlet eyed lobsters in my opinion.

I love this album...one of his best from the last several years, I think. What we must remember is just how lucky we are to have him still recording anything! I alway wonder if this is the last album from this man each time we get a new one from the last decade or so. If anyone has to right to just relax, it's this guy.

The CD runs 43:37 in length. The song "Catch The Wind" is not the 1965 song by Donovan. Also the end of "I'm Comin' Home" has 10 seconds of silence & then, the remake of The Beatles "Yesterday" plays. I wonder what the number "21" in the song "Zoo Train 21" means?? Still another great album!!

The CD runs 43:37 in length. The song "Catch The Wind" is not the 1965 song by Donovan. Also the end of "I'm Comin' Home" has 10 seconds of silence & then, the remake of The Beatles "Yesterday" plays. I wonder what the number "21" in the song "Zoo Train 21" means?? Still another great album!!
Matt: It’s a new interpretation of “Zoo Train” from the IN THE MOOD album. The “21” is supposed to signify the year 2021. It should have an apostrophe before the number (“Zoo Train ‘21”) to make that clear, but it doesn’t.

I have listened to the Catch the Wind CD a few times now, and I agree that this is a significant achievement! So many solid arrangements, with several new very entertaining compositions. Thanks again, Herb for sharing your talent with us. I see that Lani is listed among the composers for four of the songs. As always, I enjoy the music of Bill Cantos and Jeff Lorber. I know there are many others who contributed to this effort. I wonder if Randy Badazz Alpert may want to make a few comments as he was also a contributing member of the team.

Back
Top Bottom