New Herb Album 'On The Sunny Side of the Street'

My CD arrived a couple of hours ago. It was due Sunday, but showed up late today.

Here are the scans of the three inside panels with credits:

Sunny Side 2.jpgSunny Side 3.jpgSunny Side 4.jpg

Yep. We were tremendously lucky to live where we live. Other than some downed tree branches, very full lakes, and some neighbors' roof tiles, there's barely a sign that a hurricane came barreling through here. And at its fortunate that as Ian passed through here, we were on the western side of the eyewall.

Hopefully today, I can actually sit and listen to SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET.

My CD arrived a couple of hours ago. It was due Sunday, but showed up late today.

I think Gary Novak is perhaps the son of the late and very great Chicago pianist Larry Novak.

I wish there was a way to access the liner notes and credits etc. on the web somewhere. (Or is there?)

Note to folks associated with Mr Alpert: there are at least two typos in the credits. May wish to review/make note. R/drs

Just finished up the CD version which I bought at Barnes & Noble in Midland, MI. The CD total time is 35:55 in length. The first track "Childhood" when I heard it on headphones is kinda worn out or something like pops or scratches (did anyone noticed)?? Great remake of "Pata Pata". The song "Goo Goo Eyes" has that "Love Potion # 9" feel. The remake of "Time After Time" (sung by Lani Hall) is great. I thought it was the 1984 song by Cyndi Lauper (The late Miles Davis did Lauper's remake on 1985 "You're Under Arrest"). The song "Sneaky Pete" is a great instrumental which I thought it was a tribute to the late guitarist Sneaky Pete Kleinow. Co-writer Bobby (Hart) Weinstein remake of "Going Out Of My Head" has Alpert doing part of the vocals. I thought it was another great CD!!

there are at least two typos in the credits.

Yes, those are on the two songs that are coproduced with Jeff Lorber -- Tickle Time and Just a Dream Away. The credits (including typo) must have been copied'n'pasted, with just a couple of changes necessary. (The word "Programmed" is spelled with only one "m" a few times, too. But both spellings pass spellcheck so that's probably why that got missed.)

On "Just A Dream Away", the word "published" is misspelled as "Publsihed".

"Programed" is one of those words that has become modernized by dropping the extra "m". It's been a trend over the last number of years that that has become acceptable and even correct.

This CD has lots of entertaining music. Very well done! Clearly Herb is still enjoying the creation of new musical art. I am glad that he is willing to spend the time and money to publish it so we can benefit as well.

If anyone has some background information about some of the musicians mentioned on the CD, with whom I am less familiar, such as Jon Gilutin or Mitchell Long, that would be interesting to hear about them.

Favorite song from this album - "Here She Comes"

Also very much like this version of "On The Sunny Side of the Street" Just trumpet and piano. Excellent!

Back
Top Bottom