New Karen Carpenter book for March 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. It's written by Lucy O'Brien, the author of "She Bop: The Definitive History of Women in Popular Music." She's got serious bonafides.

The write-up sounds good - new interviews with co-workers and friends and attention to her contributions in the studio. I’d like to read more about Karen’s specific influence and actions in the studio. With most band-members, studio musicians and engineers etc. now gone, though, I’m wondering who could have been interviewed for new information about this, if Richard wasn’t involved. However, if the book lives up to its blurb, it should be great. For one thing, from interviews with Karen herself, you can tell that she was quite strongly into the business side of things and this probably hasn’t been highlighted before.

Thanks for letting us know, Carl.

Sadly, most retellings of Karen’s anorexia so far have made it seem like Richard was some heartless jerk of a brother who abused his sister and only cared about their careers (which we know to be inaccurate). It appears from the product description that this book is going to give a different outlook on that? M

Either way, this book sounds like it will be great. I’ll pick up a copy for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom