New (sort of) Carpenters on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgra

Hey everyone.

I just saw that the Fifth Dimension's TRAVELLING SUNSHINE SHOW (TV special) is coming out on DVD on September 16. For those who haven't seen it (it is available on VHS currently), it has Karen and Richard as guests. They lip-synch "Reason to Believe" and "Superstar" during the show, and even though they're not singing live, it's a nice visual presentation.

So it's not exactly new, but it's the first time this particular video of Karen and Richard has been issued on DVD...

David

Hi David !
Also on that show Karen And Richard sing short clips of Burt Bacharach songs like "A house is not a home". Karen does a GREAT job on that song in particular. I really wish that I had a good copy of it or maybe a full length version of the song recorded by the Carpenters. Who knows, maybe they DID record a full length version of it but never got around to releasing it to the public. Hard to say. It was really well suited for Karen's range, plus she gets a chance to really put some strong emotional depth into her version of the song. I may have to dig out my old VHS tape of that show and watch it again even though my copy is like a 100th generation copy and is almist un-watchable. *sigh*

Hi there.

You've got the Fifth Dimension TRAVELLING SUNSHINE SHOW mixed up with the Carpenters' own TV series MAKE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC. Two totally different things, and MAKE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC has never been commercially released in any format...

The TRAVELLING SUNSHINE SHOW was a one-time special by the group Fifth Dimension, and Karen and Richard were just guest stars who appeared for a few minutes.

David

Thanks for straightening that out David. I really didn't realize that I had the shows mixed up because the old tape that I have was made for me by a Newviller that kinda squashed a lot of Carpenter's stuff onto one tape for me without any notes indicating what I was watching. I'm not complaining though - it was very nice of that person to make the tape for me in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom