New Theme Information

Rudy

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Staff member
Site Admin
We have installed a new custom theme for the forum!

If you prefer the old theme, don't worry--we still have those available to you.

Down in the lower left corner of the forum, you will find the link with the theme name ("Classic :: A&M Corner White" is shown here):

upload_2017-2-8_3-41-35.png

When you click this, you get an overlay with all of the theme choices in it:

upload_2017-2-8_3-42-40.png

The Classic themes are the original themes that were based on the default theme for our forum software.

The new theme is a "Flat" theme, of which we have a couple of color variations, including a dark theme. While some of the links have been replaced with icons, nothing has moved! Everything is in the came place where you left it. In the mobile view, a few things may have shifted around, but they are accessible via menu icons (such as the three horizontal bars,
as in this example):

upload_2017-2-8_3-46-29.png

Note that you can also choose a theme from "Preferences" in your user menu:

upload_2017-2-8_3-47-25.png

...which opens this:

upload_2017-2-8_3-51-41.png

Your style is saved with your profile, so that it will appear no matter which computer you open the forum on. Note that if you have never chosen a specific style, your preferences will show the first choice of "Use default style," which is the style non-member visitors see when they visit the site.

If you have any questions about the new theme, feel free to ask them below. Thanks!

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Looks great. It's always nice to have more choices for visual themes. I like the A&M Flat Tan so far.

Michael Hagerty

I like the new one. Easy on the eyes and more readable. Thanks, Rudy! The only thing missing is the preview of the most recent post per forum. Now I have to open the individual forum to see it. A small price.

toeknee4bz

I like the new one. Easy on the eyes and more readable. Thanks, Rudy! The only thing missing is the preview of the most recent post per forum. Now I have to open the individual forum to see it. A small price.
Agreed on the visibility. MUCH easier to read.

Rudy

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Staff member
Site Admin
If you like seeing the last post in a forum, click the category header:

upload_2017-3-6_12-48-55.png

...which results in this:

upload_2017-3-6_12-50-3.png

Top Bottom