Next HERB Single - Dance With Me

Just listened to it on Spotify. I like it; groovy and upbeat!

- greetings from the North -
Martin

Nice track. This has to be one of the few instrumental tracks where Lani is credited as a co-writer. Usually, her contributions have been lyrics.

Vinnie Colaiuta... Time to break out Zappa's Joe's Garage (Part 1)!

--Mr Bill

Unmistakeable trumpet sound but I think it gets lost behind the drum beat that sounds programmed (not live) and too up front.

However, better track than Zoo Train ‘21, without question.

And, wait a minute, it doesn't sound TJB enough? (sarcasm)

Sorry, David. I didn't get your word usage as you intended.

I like this it really has a swinging vibe to it very reminiscent of the old school sounds I love and just a Little trace of the old TJB sound to give it Variety

Reactions: lj
I really like this recording. A real great arrangement. What adds an extra dimension is the nifty use of the sound of the organ. I remember how in the 1960s the organ was commonly used and so effectively by the likes of Ray Manzarek in the field of rock, by Jimmy Smith in the jazz field, and by Walter Wanderley with Brazilian pop.

I read this thread when it first surfaced, in early April, and promptly forgot about it. I then saw the link to "Dance With Me" after I listened to "Seasons of Love" yesterday. I like this one, it has that playful vibe. I need to get it downloaded so I can listen to it "cranked."

Looks like Herb is going to shift away from album releases and just release music as it comes out of his studio. That's probably a better way to do it nowadays -- keeps his name out there more than an album a year would. I'll always prefer the album format (hard to change a 60 year tradition!) but it'll be fun to compile his new stuff and put it all together on a growing playlist.

Back
Top Bottom