Non US singles

Is there a thread on here or somewhere that I can find a list of non US singles?

Jonathan

I know we've discussed many of these non-USA singles. Popular titles are: Jambalaya, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Now, Trying To Get The Feeling Again, The Rainbow Connection. I know there are many more titles that were released, sometimes just exclusive to one small country, and not continent-wise. In some territories the (USA) B-side, was an actual A-side in another country. I would love to see a list compiled. "Discogs" might be a good resource for help with this.

Good luck Jonathan!

Discogs will have those that are known and entered into their database. 45Cat is another source. The problem with both will always be "completeness" as Carpenters singles were released all over the world, sometimes in countries that don't even exist anymore. And then there's the matter of picture sleeve or no picture sleeve, promo or stock, A&M or licensed label variations, originals or re-issues, stereo or mono.

It's a project that I would never tackle, though I know that there are those out there who will do ANYTHING and pay ANY PRICE for some non-US issue. I would only do that if it was unique in some way, like recently I added the Mexican "Canta" to my collection. It's got that one line in Spanish that was changed to English on the box set.

I know we've discussed many of these non-USA singles. Popular titles are: Jambalaya, Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Now, Trying To Get The Feeling Again, The Rainbow Connection. I know there are many more titles that were released, sometimes just exclusive to one small country, and not continent-wise. In some territories the (USA) B-side, was an actual A-side in another country. I would love to see a list compiled. "Discogs" might be a good resource for help with this.

Good luck Jonathan!
As I’ve mentioned before “Calling Your Name Again/In Love Alone” was an Australian release. “Druscilla Penny/Help!” was a Paraguay (it’s funny, “Help” was only on a single there even though at one point it was considered as the follow-up to “Close To You”). Also Japan got what can be considered 2-truly Karen solo singles, “If I Had You/Lovelines” and “Make Believe It’s Your First Time/If We Try” as well as the album version of “Top of The World” as a 45. Also the UK got “Trying To Get The Feeling Again” as both a vinyl & CD single, along with “Rainy Days and Monday’s (Radio Mix)”.

Also there’s the question of “Can’t Smile Without You” and “Happy” having received single release anywhere (someone’s reported that “Happy” might’ve received a Latin American release).

Also you have to realize that the sound quality of the 45’s from the 70’s and early-80’s may not be the best since these countries would’ve been using analog masters that were around 4-5 or more analog generations from the masters in LA. Late-80’s might’ve seen digital copies sent and then any singles in the 90’s & 2000’s would been from digital copies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom