October 2018 rememberances

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
Singer Charles Aznavour has died at 94 years old. Here is Helen Reddy's version of "The Old Fashioned Way" (from 1973 "Long Hard Climb"): Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Oddly, the above-linked article doesn't mention the song Hier Encore, which Aznavour co-wrote with his brother-in-law Georges Garvarentz. You may remember it as the 1969 Roy Clark hit Yesterday When I Was Young, with English lyrics written by Herbert Kretzman. Aznavour sang the song in 1964.

I had no idea Aznavour was such a great diplomat...It's no wonder he impressed Bob Dylan so greatly.

Dan

Animator Will Vinton who did The California Raisins has died at 70 years old. He also did CCR's John Fogerty 1985 music video "Vanz Kant Danz" (featuring animated pigs). Will Vinton - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Actor Scott Wilson ("The Walking Dead") has died at 76 years old. Scott Wilson (actor) - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI
Scott Wilson, another great character actor. His performance in the movie "In Cold Blood" alongside Robert Blake was "chilling" to say the least. Also, a great part in "In The Heat Of The Night" and "The Great Gatsby". It's sad to see these great thespians leave us.

Singer Bernadette Carroll (The Angels "My Boyfriend's Back") has died at 74 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Singer Jimmy Farrar who replaced Danny Joe Brown in Molly Hatchet has died at 67 years old. Jimmy was on Molly Hatchet "Beatin' The Odds" (1980) & "Take No Prisoners" (1981) then quit in 1982. Jimmy Farrar - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Back
Top Bottom