October 2020 in memorium

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Bob Gibson has died of cancer at 84 years old. He won 2 World Series Champions (1964 & 1967) BUT lost to the Detroit Tigers in the 1968 World Series. Bob retired in September of 1975. Bob Gibson - Wikipedia

St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Bob Gibson has died of cancer at 84 years old. He won 2 World Series Champions (1964 & 1967) BUT lost to the Detroit Tigers in the 1968 World Series. Bob retired in September of 1975. Bob Gibson - Wikipedia

Bob Gibson was a bad-ass. You didn't "crowd" the plate when he was on the mound. I remember this commercial from my youth;

^^ What?! This is getting depressing!! Hitting very close to home for us boomers...R.I.P. Eddie

Mini Tribute guitar solo from EVH (the item burning on the head of his guitar is probably what did him in);

Last edited:
The late Nicolette Larson (who died of kidney failure on December 16, 1997 at 45 years old) "Can't Get Away From You" (featuring the late Eddie Van Halen on guitar) (from 1978 "Nicolette") (audio only & album track)

Rapper Everlast titled the album "Whitey Ford Sings The Blues" when it came out in September of 1998. That album had "What It's Like" & "Ends".

Back
Top Bottom