`OFFERING` ALBUM

hi guys,

could I ask some advice please? I`m clearly not a record expert etc, so couldn't really answer this to someone.
I`ve got two copies of the original `offering` album here, one is in my own collection, SP4205 U.S, but I also have another copy which is AMC 2154. apparently, which I didn't know, this is a south Africa catalogue number.
now I have this copy for sale and a guy who did ask me a question about it, seems to think the reason it hasn't sold yet, is for this reason which I don`t get, given that side by side, they are identical!!
any ideas please guys?

Untitled_zpsoskllb0g.jpg

Just guessing but perhaps the buyer wants a genuine US version. Collectors all have their own criteria for what they collect.

thanks harry, but isn't there an argument that they are both genuine U.S releases, just sold in two different countries?
so what I`m asking is, other than two different catalogue numbers, where`s the difference between the two?

While you say there are no differences, there are: You yourself state that the catalog number is different. There has to be a notation on the South African record that it's South African, yes? Matrix numbers (stamper numbers) in the inner wax would be different if manufactured outside of the US.

My point is simply that a prospective buyer/collector may be looking for a US-issued SP-4205. I've shopped online for various Latin albums that A&M released under their AyM Discos imprint, and though I can often find the same album from Venzuela, Uraguay, Mexico, etc., my interest is in obtaining the genuine AyM issue that was distributed in the US to the Latin market.

With OFFERING, it's not about the sound - that's available on TICKET TO RIDE everywhere - it's about the packaging.

thank you harry, I`m with you now! amazing what`s important to collectors really, even a number.
just out of interest, why would only south Africa get a different number, but not other countries it was released in, i.e outside U.S / Canada?

Back
Top Bottom