Official "Richard Carpenter" YouTube channel?

There's NO WAY that RC had any involvement in that channel. One of the videos is titled "24 Unreleased Songs", does anyone really believe that Richard would put that out there?

Anybody can claim to be anyone on YouTube, because they don't require people to verify their identity. I could probably start a channel claiming to be the President of the USA or Queen Elizabeth, and nobody at YouTube would ever question it. :rolleyes:

True Murray. And the quality and selection of videos just doesn't seem consistent with what you'd expect from an official page.

It's kind of odd.... there are links on there to A&M Corner, to Universal Music and to the RIAA. So whoever this is, they did some homework at least. But I agree, I doubt if Richard had anything to do with it. He doesn't exactly have a lot to do with the online world anyway.

I can virtually guarantee that it is not THE Richard Carpenter. And given the link to A&M Corner, it's probably someone who's a member here.

There's NO WAY that RC had any involvement in that channel. One of the videos is titled "24 Unreleased Songs", does anyone really believe that Richard would put that out there?

Anybody can claim to be anyone on YouTube, because they don't require people to verify their identity. I could probably start a channel claiming to be the President of the USA or Queen Elizabeth, and nobody at YouTube would ever question it. :rolleyes:
That “24 Unreleased Songs” I’ve seen elsewhere on YouTube.

But, seriously, I would think that for the Sanyora video either Richard or UMG would have Access to a higher quality video than a VHS SLP/EP recording that look like it was recorded off of broadcast.

I love this in the `ABOUT` page;

`OFFICIAL CARPENTERS CHANNEL : Rare Video's, Specials, Concerts, Performances and Music.

All Uploaded Videos Are Done By Me

I Have All Rights To This Channel And It's Content.`

Well the “Your All American College Show” clip was pretty interesting. I’ve never seen it before and it appeared to come from a high quality master, of course it was pretty obvious that it was a dub with the timecode smack dab in the middle of the screen. But that video must’ve been shot in November or December 1969 in order to have the “Offering” LP featured on the show and not the later “Ticket To Ride” sailboat cover. Of course it was interesting to hear them lip-synch the original 1969 “Ticket To Ride”. And in one of the choruses I think I heard a few vinyl pops, so I think the hosts had the LP cover to the LP that the audio engineer was using!

Back
Top Bottom