Official website

Someday

Someone quoted info from the official website in a press article recently. Just wondered if there are any updates on the re-vamp. Calling Chris May ... :)

We've been talking about it for months, as there have been some technical issues with regard to the hosting site itself. At this juncture, things will have to stay the way they are. Will keep everyone posted!

We've been talking about it for months, as there have been some technical issues with regard to the hosting site itself. At this juncture, things will have to stay the way they are. Will keep everyone posted!

UGH! The time for that to have been straightened out was before the release of both the book and his album. I know you know that but it's just a real shame as by the time this is all fixed, it won't have the audience it might now. I'd kick the host to the curb and move to another one if it's possible. There are plenty of them out there.

Ed

UGH! The time for that to have been straightened out was before the release of both the book and his album. I know you know that but it's just a real shame as by the time this is all fixed, it won't have the audience it might now. I'd kick the host to the curb and move to another one if it's possible. There are plenty of them out there.

Ed
Well that's the problem @Vinylalbumcovers, there is no host. It's been sitting there since Becky Boxberger was overseeing it years ago. Mary (Carpenter) and I have both been in touch with Becky, and we still are having trouble initiating the reset with the host site. Doesn't help the the holidays, a move across country (for my wife and me), etc slowed all of this down.

I know, I know...

Well that's the problem @Vinylalbumcovers, there is no host. It's been sitting there since Becky Boxberger was overseeing it years ago. Mary (Carpenter) and I have both been in touch with Becky, and we still are having trouble initiating the reset with the host site. Doesn't help the the holidays, a move across country (for my wife and me), etc slowed all of this down.

I know, I know...

If you go to whois.com, you can see who the webhost is (that was what I meant; I was likely unclear). It's CWNET. The site is currently up...such as it is. Their own website looks pretty arcane itself...LOL!

Oh well. Life has to come first and I hope your wife and you are all settled in. I'm sure this is all in the most capable hands and it'll change eventually... :wink:

Ed

If you go to whois.com, you can see who the webhost is (that was what I meant; I was likely unclear). It's CWNET. The site is currently up...such as it is. Their own website looks pretty arcane itself...LOL!

Oh well. Life has to come first and I hope your wife and you are all settled in. I'm sure this is all in the most capable hands and it'll change eventually... :wink:

Ed
We did all of that. The trouble is figuring out which email address it was actually registered to. :rolleyes:

I don't see why Richard doesn't just spend a little money, and start a brand new site. When the old site's registry gets figured out, then the content could be wiped off of it. In the meantime, setting up a site similar to Herb Alpert's wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

We did all of that. The trouble is figuring out which email address it was actually registered to. :rolleyes:

I figured you had; just thought I'd mention it. The host likely won't tell you for security reasons. UGH. If the webmistress doesn't remember, you may just be lost at sea there. I'm with @Mike Blakesley - I'd just start fresh. The "Fans Ask" content is fun for sure. Surely, the webmistress has the useful graphics and anything else.

I'm sure you already thought all of this out. I'll shut up now...LOL!!

Ed

I think I might have figured it out by looking at historical Whois data. Sending you a PM.

I second just starting fresh with a new domain though, and figuring out the old one later. Once it is, just have it redirect to the new site.

Back
Top Bottom