On CD- Stillness-Pais Tropical-Primal Roots-Live at Expo '70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word gets around--on another site, someone asked ME if I knew if Brasil '86 was going to be among those reissues. Apparently not, but one can only hope. Seems that interest in Mendes' music is steady or growing over time, so reissue of these albums is not as far-fetched as it may seem!

-= N =-
...13 more days...

Poo said:
The tune 'Viola' (which not included on Vinyl) included as bonus

That's great news. I wonder if "The Crab" will show up as a bonus on one of the other B'77 discs.

Harry
...getting anxious, online...

I think 'The Crab' was released ONLY in France as EP, and never released in LP format or CD. And I've never heard it.....

And I have few rare recording released in Japan only.

Magic Lady (Japanese word)
Summer Champion (Japanese word) same tune as Summer Dream
Pais Tropical (Japanese word)

And

Aisareta Atode (English / Japanese) is never sold outside in Japan.

I want 'The Christmas Song' in CD format as bonus track in some Brasil'66 album.

Poo

THE CRAB comes in two versions - one with a mono version and stereo B-side, and one with a 'single version' of AFTER SUNRISE with a completely different pop arrangement (which I've never heard).

I have heard THE CRAB. It's terrific - it sounds like no other Sergio song. It's a great 'driving down the highway' song to blast with the top down.

I'm amazed and delighted VIOLA is on the EXPO CD!!!!

Alright! That is completely unexpected but entirely wonderful news.:cool:

Also makes me wonder if the 45 version of "Norwegian Wood" is included on Ye-Me-Le. Doubtful...

- William

I picked up the Pais Tropical CD at HMV in Yokohama yesterday and it does have the Japanese language version of Pais Tropical included as a bonus track. For those interested in the packaging, the booklet is similar to a lot of cheaper Japanese reissues-meaning there is no booklet, but instead a single sheet printed on both sides and folded to fit inside cover photo. Notes are in Japanese only with all lyrics given in English, Portuguese and Japanese. A great reissue!

Did it look like any of the other reissues had bonus tracks?

-= N =-
...curious...

Now that I know about this one, I will check out all the reissues more carefully and report back-probably today. Some one else mentioned the inclusion of Viola on the Expo '70 disc. I just took a closer look and it is also listed as a 'bonus track' in Japanese katakana.

Much appreciated. Their "English" listings on the website may not have the full complement of tracks listed. It would be amazing if they'd put the B-side "The Crab" on one of these CDs, and "Christmas Song" on another. It would be all that is needed to round out a "complete" A&M reissue.

-= N =-

Some good news-The bonus track on Primal Roots is 'The Crab'. I checked all the '66 releases, but no bonus tracks except on the live Expo disc. The Japanese are always kind enough to put on the disc the period when the CD will be available from the manufacturer. The 'expiry' date for all these reissues is Feb. 20, 2003, so get 'em while you can!

Rocketman said:
Some good news-The bonus track on Primal Roots is 'The Crab'.

Wow, that's great! After hearing about "Viola", I was semi-kidding about suggesting "The Crab" as a bonus track elsewhere, never dreaming that it would actually happen.

I assume that "The Crab" is placed at the end of the album -- exactly where I put it on MY homemade CD, so I'm used to hearing it there.

The 'expiry' date for all these reissues is Feb. 20, 2003, so get 'em while you can!

I've ordered LIVE AT EXPO 70, STILLNESS, PAIS TROPICAL, and PRIMAL ROOTS from HMV Japan. I'm told by email that they've been shipped, but the package will likely arrive while I'm away next week.

Harry
...getting ready for the 'last day of work before vacation', online...

You miss under stand about The 'expiry' date.
In Japan, here's many rental CD shop. And The 'expiry' date means 'Don't place in rental shop, and sell at catalog price until the date.'

I'm happy to got 'The Club' 'Pais / Japanese' 'Viola / Live' as bonus track.
I hope 'Something Festive (The Christmas Song)' from A&M/Universal, and some album from Bell(Epic) will be release in CD format.
And Don't Forget Instrument version of OLYMPIA!!

Poo

One of my many "considered, but never gotten around to" projects is to create a hybrid LP/45RPM version of Norwegian Wood. All it would take is "tacking on" the extended part of the solo from the 45rpm version before fading it back into the vocal. My idea is to use the beginning vocals of the song to fill in the ending vocal part where the "original" LP version has the solo part fading out over the vocal (so as not to hear the two solo bits competing with each other) then going back to the "real" ending of the song from the LP to finish it up.

I just re-read the above paragraph and hope it doesn't give anyone a headache! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom