One&Done @ A&M: Bill Dana & Joey Forman / The Mashuganishi Yogi -- SP 4144

JOv2

• Comments, questions, conjectures and stories are welcomed.
  • Released in 1968
jiey-1.jpg

jiey-2.jpg

Yeah, Bill Dana built a whole career around the "José Jimenez" character, and that would truly be frowned upon today. Heck, even the Baja Marimba Band's stuff wouldn't be very welcomed in this environment.

I agree with the above comments I have this on download ( it was available on Amazon for a time) I had it on vinyl decades ago and it's a very funny album but sadly as mentioned previously "This like many other comedies wouldn't fly today"

(Humor based on satire, parody, sarcasm, or cynicism is 100% hands-off in today's PC-driven culture. Today's social norm for adult behaviour embraces the expectation that people are looking to be offended based purely on personal ideology.)

As for the LP, this is A&M's first comedy LP (unless you count any of those Chris Montez LPs). Both cover photos are a riot. I never heard the LP until today. I enjoyed it. Well written and acted, it's a good parody.

As for the LP, this is A&M's first comedy LP (unless you count any of those Chris Montez LPs).
🤣

(Humor based on satire, parody, sarcasm, or cynicism is 100% hands-off in today's PC-driven culture. Today's social norm for adult behaviour embraces the expectation that people are looking to be offended based purely on personal ideology.)
Sadly, way too true. I wonder if Paul Rodriguez has caught any flack for his act.

As for the LP, this is A&M's first comedy LP (unless you count any of those Chris Montez LPs). Both cover photos are a riot. I never heard the LP until today. I enjoyed it. Well written and acted, it's a good parody.
I Enjoy it still today I first heard this when I was 17 back in 1984 and even then I thought it was well done I always loved satires and parodies its been well said " Sacred Cows make the best BBQ' S

Mr. Dana was in top form at 80+ when he visited Maryville (TN) College in Feb. 2008. He shared many great stories about his career during a lecture/comedy session for students, alumni and all who were lucky enough to attend.

JB

Attachments

• DANA-Bill.jpg
    DANA-Bill.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom