One of the greatest songs of the 70's

Harry S. Anchan

πŸŽΈπ“‘π“”π“¦π“˜π“π““πŸ’šπ™ˆπ™ͺπ™¨π™žπ™˜ π™žπ™¨ π™©π™π™š π™Žπ™€π™ͺπ™£π™™π™©π™§π™–π™˜π™  𝙀𝙛 π™Šπ™ͺ𝙧 π™‡π™žπ™«π™šπ™¨πŸŽΊ

One of my favorite songs by anyone, ever. L-O-V-E the sax solo. I have edited this 1972 gem to repeat it in different parts of the song. So glad for the fabulous 1972 memories every time I hear this classic.

Thank you, Herb Alpert, for bringing them to us.

Well.... I think you must have linked the wrong video, because there is no sax solo in "Goodbye To Love."

I can't imagine why anyone would want to hear any kind of a solo repeated in "various parts" of a song anyway, so maybe we're better off.

Maybe he meant that he re-edited it for his own use to repeat the solo. I still don't think it's possible to improve on Richard's arrangement for this song. (Even Richard didn't improve on it when he added that piccolo trumpet!)

I took a listen to this and found something I never noticed before. Karen has often been praised for sailing through the long phrases in this song and she definitely gets the job done when most couldn't. However, I'm now noticing that there's one she doesn't exactly "sail through." By the time she reaches "someone to believe in and to live for," she is quite clearly out of breath and she quickly catches it to grab the "somethin' I could live for" line. Somehow, I missed that for all these years. It doesn't diminish the song in any way; just now noticing it.

I also hear a new "punch in" I didn't previously notice. "From this day love is forgotten" and "I'll go on as best I can" weren't sung at the same time. There's clearly an edit there and "I'll go on as best I can" was sung later. It's not a bad punch as far as punches go but it's there. How have I not noticed this before? LOL!

P.S.: I'm not sure I understand what the original poster is getting at. This is, I think, the 1991 remix. There's nothing repeated or added to here musically. A few of the photos are ones I hadn't seen before so I'm still glad I watched it.

Ed

As noted above, I think he just worded his post vaguely. My guess is that he meant that he made his own version of the song with the repeats in it -- but only for his own use, not to post publicly.

Any readers who want to find out more info about this could send the OP a private message.

Back
Top Bottom