Online translators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I love online translators. They provide not only a valuable service of giving some level of understanding of foreign text, but also provide amusement with their approximations.

I saw a Mexican Herb Alpert hits album on ebay and ran the titles through a translator to get this:

fandango, proven of honey, Jerusalem, solitary bull, night club, in Sunday never, raising, tijuana taxi, zorba the Greek, Mexican jumble, this boy enamored with you, Spanish flea, samba bittersweet, beaten cream, beyond

It just made me smile.

Harry

"This boy enamored with you" almost fits the melody line; and "night club" could work, too..."Life is a night cluu-ub-o chum, come to the ni-ight club..." . But "beaten cream" just kinda sounds awful...could you get all excited over "Rebeaten"?

Dan

I once took a simple phrase about buying something at the grocery story, and after I did a translation to a certain language and back, I got something back that was so side-splittingly funny, stereotypical and politically incorrect (and, sadly, a bit true at the same time), I couldn't even post it here. :laugh: Sad thing is, I never e-mailed anyone the result, just instructions on how to do it...and now when I try it, the double translation is different.

I don't know....I never ever trusted online translators when I first started learning english and I don't do now :tongue:! I use it for basic words I don't know but never for entire texts cause imo, the translations is pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom