1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Other Female Singers

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by song4u, Sep 11, 2012.

1. AnnaSock

AnnaSock Active Member

UK
    Ghosttown is a great song :) I can see why people think of Karen.

2. Greg

Greg Member

Funnily enough, after I read your post a few days back the 'Like A Prayer 30th Anniversary Edition' appeared on my itunes. I can't believe its been 30 years. I remember buying that and Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation on vinyl the same year and just falling in love with both albums - I suppose it was the first contemporary pop music I got into.

The anniversary edition is cool, though it's a crime to omit Promise to Try - possibly the most tender moment on the album, and again, very Karen.

AnnaSock likes this.
  3. Greg

Greg Member

I tried so hard to like Rebel Heart, but I just couldn't do it ... :hide:

4. AnnaSock

AnnaSock Active Member

UK
    I’ve been meaning to listen to the anniversary edition since it came out. I think I’ll play it on my way to work tomorrow.

I agree about Promise to Try. I can’t believe it was left out. It’s a beautiful song!

There’s a lot of hype about Madonna’s next album at the moment. I’m not sure what to expect to be honest.

Greg likes this.
  5. Happy 80th Birthday Dusty Springfield !

Another one of my favourites. Quite a few links to the Carpenters: Karen was a fan of her voice and they briefly appeared together on Make Your Own Kind Of Music, and of course Richard worked with Dusty on Something In Your Eyes

6. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

My favourite group in the 80s and early 90s, Bananarama, are back, with their first studio album in 10 years! :love: :goodie: The album is titled "In Stereo", and this is the lead-off single, "Stuff Like That".

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019 at 2:25 AM
    newvillefan, GDB2LV and GaryAlan like this.
  7. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

^^I haven't thought about them in a while !
    I had the EP (maybe cassette single ?) of "love in the first degree."
    Anyway, I was more into Roxette (She's Got The Look) during that 80's period.

8. GDB2LV

GDB2LV Active Member

Now a duo, but still sound great. I like them a lot, especially the Megamix single with all their hits and the songs they did with Fun Boy Three. I love the 80’s New Wave electronic music best of all decades.

Sue likes this.
  9. GDB2LV

GDB2LV Active Member

I was kind of hoping it was a new remake of the Quincy Jones hit Stuff Like That. Great song!!!!