• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Other Female Singers

Another Son

'Day by Day' from Godspell, by Colleen Hewett, was a big hit in Australia that is burned in my memory from my youth, (1971, Number 2 or Number 1 - depending which chart you look at). A boys' choir features strongly in this version, towards the end.

Some silly antics and voice-overs in the video - then again, the original film also had some silly moments.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
My favorite version of "Day By Day" is by Jackie & Roy on the CTi label from the early 70s. It starts out slow and gently. The about 2 minutes in, switches to a jazzy alternate-time-signature version, then just about fades out before it returns to the opening hymn-like arrangement.

Another Son

Sally Oldfield - Mandala.

Mike’s sister really can sing, as well as write an interesting tune - and was maybe using the tubular bells and vibraphones before her little bro.....

Last edited:

AM Matt

Canadian singer Holly McNarland "Mystery Song" (from "Stuff" released in June 1997 in Canada & October 1997 in U.S.)

Top Bottom