Other Female Singers

This English-born Spanish singer called Jeanette, was pretty popular in the late 60's to the late 80's, and she is still singing today. Her voice sounds small, delicate, beautiful and quite hypnotizing. I pretty much started to and listened to her entire discography this year. Here are two of her most well-known songs:

Interesting. She sounds almost exactly like Claudine Longet!

The latest news--September 9, 2018-- of
Olivia Newton-John:
"...Now, the singer revealed, doctors discovered a tumor at the base of her spine last year.
She says she has undergone radiation therapy and is also pursuing natural remedies,
including medical marijuana that her husband, John Easterling, grows on the couple's ranch in Santa Barbara.
Newton-John says she remains optimistic and is determined to beat the disease again.
"I believe I will win over it, and that's my goal," she said."

More:
Olivia Newton-John Reveals She's Battling Cancer for a Third Time

So sad to hear about Olivia, I found out yesterday and it’s heartbreaking. There a very nice interview Olivia did at the end of that article above on video and showcases her accomplishments along with the news and how’s she’s doing. I’m so sad but playing her music this week non stop. I love how the video ended with “Don’t Stop Believin” from the 70s and how important that song is today.

I'm a huge Olivia fan also, discovered her (Grease) even before the Carpenters! She has been living with this since 1992, she has survived and thrived for over 25 years. She will be 70 years old soon. She has an autobiography out, a wonderful husband and a grown daughter for support. She will continue to have a good life.

I watched the video, and I was VERY moved. May God heal her again!

Yes the video is very touching. I personally feel this is worse than we might think as in the past she has been more reserve in letting the public in (rightfully so) but this time it's quite different. The video shows her best friend of so many years Pat Farrar who is also very worried this time. While I was watching the video of all of her very close friends (Pat & John Farrar (her early producer) then we have Cliff Richard and her husband and others speaking about this worries me more. Olivia is very optimistic and I adore her because of how open she is saying in the interview of course I get down I'm human but she moves forward.

I also learned something new from that interview as I did not know she sang "I Honesty Love You" to her mother in her ear right before she passed away. This interview was so emotional for me and like Mark I pray God heals her again because we (I) need our Olivia.

Very sad news about Olivia! :cry: Breast cancer is one of the most insidious forms of cancer. A woman can be in remission, get the all-clear after five years, seemingly be in perfect health - but if any cancer cells managed to survive treatment, they can hide in the body, and remain undetected for years, even decades before growing into new tumors. It's happened this way with more than one woman in my family.

The video is very moving indeed. It's inspiring to see Olivia so upbeat and positive, and that she hasn't lost faith that she'll be able to beat this thing again. Here's hoping (and praying) that she'll have many more good years ahead of her.

" I didn't know a single man who didn't fall in love with Olivia." - Cliff Richard

Have truer words ever been spoken? :love:

In case someone doesn't want to click the link to the above, here is the direct video and since this thread is about female singers I think it deserves a mention here of the video. We all know that Karen and Olivia were best friends.

I'm a big fan of Nancy Sinatra and over the last year I've been collecting her albums and singles. There's a lot of her songs that would be good for Karen. Here's one, a Beatles cover which Nancy hasn't released but it was done on a tv show here:
A couple of people, in the comments of this video, have said she sounds a little like Karen here, I'm not sure about sounding just like her but Nancy does sing this in a nice low deep voice, this sounds like a perfect song for Karen's voice:

This is rather nice. Judie Tzuke, Beverley Craven and Julia Fordham have got together and made an album together.

I like this new version of Judies 'IF' .I saw Beverley being interviewed recently .Judie worked with the singer Harriet on Harriets version of If and the song 'whats mine is yours'( addressing the voice similarity to Karen ). Harriets version gives of IF gives me goosebumps.

Beverley Craven has such a beautiful voice. Promise Me is one of my all time favourite songs. Atmospheric, great piano and lyric, beautiful orchestration and a great breathy vocal from Beverley.

Is this when I say, "Long-time listener, first time caller?" Been reading most of the threads. Finally decided to officially join this week. If the number of songs I have downloaded on my phone are any indication, my favorite female singer is Ella Fitzgerald. I have over 600 songs for her; CarpenterS are number 2. :hide:.

Thank you for the warm welcome! After reading most of the conversations on here, I don't know if I have much to contribute as everyone seems so much more knowledgeable than I. But what I lack in knowledge, I make up for in enthusiasm. It has always been good to be a fan and now is an even better time to be one. Looking forward to the new release and hoping for something special for the 50th. :wiggle:

I prefer female singers as they know how to push my emotional buttons and no one is better at that than the great KC.

Though, I will tear up when I hear the late George Jones sing He Stopped Loving Her Today!

Some other noteworthy performances that I thought about over the weekend;

Ooo Baby Baby - Linda Ronstadt
Talking In Your Sleep - Crystal Gayle
Someone That I Used To Love - Natalie Cole

I would have loved Karen to cover all of the above.

And I will most likely grab for a paper towel when I hear The Greatest Man I Never Knew by Reba McEntire :cry::rolleyes:

I have been saying for years I need a tin foil hat as others are stealing my thoughts! I love 4 out of 5 of your selections. Never have gotten the appeal of Linda Ronstadt.

Thank you for the warm welcome! After reading most of the conversations on here, I don't know if I have much to contribute as everyone seems so much more knowledgeable than I.

I`ve been a fan and collector for years Rachel and there`s a lot I don`t know, so I wouldn't worry too much :) it`s about enjoying the music and how it makes you feel, not about every fact relating to their lives etc!

Back
Top Bottom