🎵 AotW Pablo Cruise - LIFELINE (SP-4575)

LPJim

Staff member
Pablo Cruise
LIFELINE

A&M SP-4575

sp4575.jpg

Tracks:

Crystal/ Don't Believe It/ Tearin' Down My Mind/ (I Think) It's Finally Over/ Lifeline/

Zero to Sixty in Five/ Look to the Sky/ Never See That Girl Enough/ Who Knows/ Good Ship Pablo Cruise.

Producer and Engineer: Val Garay

LIFELINE entered the Billboard Top 200 on April 17, 1976 and charted for 13 weeks, peaking at Number 139, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

JB

www.pablocruiseband.com

This is a good album, a worthy followup to their also-very-good debut. They found their style and ran with it. If you took the best tracks from this album and added the best ones from their debut, you'd have one killer album.

My favorite song here is "Don't Believe It" with "Crystal" a close second.

They could have done a better job on the album cover. Photos of naked wet guys hardly ever equate to best-selling albums.

This is where the hits should'a started... Not much of a breakthrough, but some very good tracks, which as hit singles were waiting to happen...

Dave

Mike Blakesley said:
Photos of naked wet guys hardly ever equate to best-selling albums.
--Unless, of course, you're targeting a specific demographic. I'm sure sales figures from the Castro-district record stores here in San Francisco were well above the national average...

My copy of this came from the radio station. The promoter sent in an advance copy of the album as a test pressing with an assembled cover that was a little oversized and stapled together. The back cover is stapled to an lp-sized blank white, and the front folds over like a gatefold, and the whole thing is a little taller than a standard LP. Inside, on what is the front of the blank cover, a track list and credits are taped onto the blank.

Once the radio station got a regulation copy sent to them, they discarded this one and I grabbed it. I was fond of the instrumental track that starts Side Two, "Zero To Sixty In Five".

The record is a Monarch test pressing, and using my OCD tendencies from 1976, once I got it home, I used a sticky-label and typed out the track lists on a typewriter and stuck it to the label. That probably ruined whatever value this might have achieved by this time.

Back
Top Bottom