Paint Me Again Lyrics Help

Andy123

My fav song by Neil Sedaka called Paint Me Again has a verse that isn't english speaking. Neil sings this verse in another language in the song. This verse can't be found in the printed lyrics of the song online. I'm hoping one of you guys can listen to the verse and tell me what Neil is singing. Here is a link to the song on youtube: and the non english speaking verse starts at the 2:38 mark in the video. I hope you guys can help me.

I can't help much either--I can understand enough written Spanish to get me through the menu at the Mexican restaurant, and enough French to read the road signs through Quebec, but that's the extent of it.

starting at the 2:38 mark Neil sings non english words in a different language like saca day oh. what does saca day oh mean? and the other parts of this non english verse what do they mean?

Harry, have you listened to the song? most of the song is in english but there is this one verse that Neil sings in another language. this verse starts at the 2:38 mark of the video. what is Neil singing? what does it mean?

Yes, I have listened to it. I do not know in what language he's singing, nor do I understand it.

Yes, I have listened to it. I do not know in what language he's singing, nor do I understand it.
how do i find out? this is a mystery 30 years in the making. do you know anybody that would know? it's a beautiful song. lots of cool keyboard synthesizer sounds. like a song within a song. and on top of that Neil pulls a 180 right in the middle of the song and sings stuff in another language. i'm dying to know the answers to the mystery.

Try writing or contacting him or his fan club, Twitter, Facebook, etc. and ask them this mysterious question yourself. Most Carpenters fans could care less about this. Not a great place to look for the answer you’re seeking Andy. I think you would have better luck elsewhere for what you’re searching for. Sorry nobody here knows, or is offering up a solution. I could guess Yiddish, Lebanese, his heritage. I think Harry’s thoughts are spot on. So best of luck in your quest. I hope you find what you’re looking for.

It's best to find a forum that is familiar with his music. Most of us here are not too familiar beyond identifying some of the songs.

Back
Top Bottom