Pat Metheny Group on Austin City Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Just found out that the Pat Metheny Group will be performing on Austin City Limits beginning approximately January 25, 2003. Since I missed the last tour :mad: , this will be something I'll throw on an S-VHS tape for all eternity. This performance was taped on 11/24/2002, and features some selections from Speaking Of Now.

http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/artists/program435.html

If what I'm reading is correct, the set list includes:

Proof
As It Is
How Insensitive
Gathering Sky
In Her Family
Bright Size Life
On Her Way

Thanks for the heads-up. I saw the Metheny Group in April in Atlanta and they were better than the album. IMHO,'Speaking of Now' has a tentative feel to it -- especially the drums, which were under-recorded. Live, everything was in full dynamic cohesive splendor and Lyle Mays was incredible. Afterwards, Pat was gracious to return within 15 minutes and visit with fans -- his extended family.
Here's a question: What A&M albums has Pat Metheny guested on?

Rudy said:
Just found out that the Pat Metheny Group will be performing on Austin City Limits beginning approximately January 25, 2003. Since I missed the last tour :mad: , this will be something I'll throw on an S-VHS tape for all eternity. This performance was taped on 11/24/2002, and features some selections from Speaking Of Now.

Jeez, I didn't even know they were in town for the taping. I know they have a concert coming up. Just goes to show you how up-to-date I am with things in Austin. :rolleyes:

Capt. Bacardi

I'm still ticked about the poor promotion around here. Had I not hung around Jean-Luc Ponty's website, I never would have known he was coming around back in 2001. Never heard about Pat until I got wind he was touring. Checked Ticketmaster, and the only seats left were nosebleed. That was last year. He seems to be on a smaller-scale tour right now, and the closest he got was Columbus, OH either this month or last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom