🔊 Audio Pete Jolly: Hello, Jolly!

I have this CD from 1990 with six of the ten tracks from HELLO, JOLLY.

1662649114570.png

VSOP's reissues are spotty at best--pretty sure they used a cleaned-up mono needledrop for the Little Bird CD, unless someone dug up a mono master somewhere, although a couple of tracks seem like they were stereo. VSOP also issued new recordings, which is where Jolly's last handful of albums were released. The only digital version of this album was a Japan release on CD in 2012 and 2017 on the Muzak Ltd. label (no idea if it's related to the dime store Muzak music we had here in the US).

I don't know if any other label has Äva's masters--MGM distributed them, but at best it sounds like it was a distribution deal since Fred Astaire was the owner of the masters when the label folded in 1965 (it was named after his daughter Äva). It would be interesting to find out whatever happened to them.

Discogs has this note on the VSOP CD:

- Tracks 1 to 4 previously issued on Äva 22 "Little Bird" rec. 1962
- Tracks 5 to 11 previously issued on Äva 51 "Hello Jolly" with orchesta, rec. 1964
- Tracks 12 to 16 previously issued on Äva 39 "Sweet September with the trio, rec. 1963

I have to get the Sweet September LP to fill in the missing piece. 😁

I could also stand to find a clean version of Little Bird, as both "NM" copies were probably VG at best. 🙄

Back
Top Bottom