Photo - Sergio Mendes & Antonio Carlos Jobim, New York City 1962

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
This photo was posted elsewhere on the Web and I thought it would be of interest to our members here. This was taken in 1962, Sergio and "Tom" walking the streets of New York City just before, or around the time that these two giants would be launching the Bossa Nova craze in the US.

I've taken the liberty to fix the color balance a little bit from the way I found it.

MendesJobim1962NYC.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it's around 43rd St. and 6th Ave. This photo was taken earlier than 1962 but the Hanover was around as far back as the 1940s.

1605227503097.png

Looks like it's around 43rd St. and 6th Ave. This photo was taken earlier than 1962 but the Hanover was around as far back as the 1940s.

1605227503097.png

Interesting picture...not much traffic. The guy in the white pants appears to be pushing a wheelbarrow. AFAIK, the green/white taxi is a 1953-54 DeSoto Suburban, and the red/yellow one is a post 1952 Ford, so the pic has to date from at least late 1952.

This photo was posted elsewhere on the Web and I thought it would be of interest to our members here. This was taken in 1962, Sergio and "Tom" walking the streets of New York City just before, or around the time that these two giants would be launching the Bossa Nova craze in the US.

I've taken the liberty to fix the color balance a little bit from the way I found it.

MendesJobim1962NYC.jpg
That’s a really cool pic! Taken the year I was born.

Back
Top Bottom